TBA - guess the make - gordonbennet

This evening on the way home from work i came up behind a car following a Luton van on a B standard road.

Presumably trying desperately to overtake the van and not having a clue how to do so, jammed within a cars length of the back of the van at around 45mph kept edging out beyond the crown of the road braking constantly to avoid hitting the van, eventually the van pulled over and parked on the offside in a villlage.

Our friend then went shooting off, lit the speed display up @ 45 in the 30 as he passed by, i came up behind him before the next village, jammed right up the chuff of a Combo van presumably trying to push him on.

Van turned off and our hero (a give way sign against us) then forced a car coming the other way to stop through a narrow section, before thankfully turning off, i wasn't looking forward to being around him when it came to crossing the A43 at 1730.

Aggressive, incompetent and a menace, the Luton van he could have overtaken three times safely if he hadn't been jammed up his backside with no field of vision and unable to see up the inside at two ideal overtakes.

Just for fun now, a virtual pint for the make, and a double shot chaser for the model.

TBA - guess the make - dan86

This evening on the way home from work i came up behind a car following a Luton van on a B standard road.

Presumably trying desperately to overtake the van and not having a clue how to do so, jammed within a cars length of the back of the van at around 45mph kept edging out beyond the crown of the road braking constantly to avoid hitting the van, eventually the van pulled over and parked on the offside in a villlage.

Our friend then went shooting off, lit the speed display up @ 45 in the 30 as he passed by, i came up behind him before the next village, jammed right up the chuff of a Combo van presumably trying to push him on.

Van turned off and our hero (a give way sign against us) then forced a car coming the other way to stop through a narrow section, before thankfully turning off, i wasn't looking forward to being around him when it came to crossing the A43 at 1730.

Aggressive, incompetent and a menace, the Luton van he could have overtaken three times safely if he hadn't been jammed up his backside with no field of vision and unable to see up the inside at two ideal overtakes.

Just for fun now, a virtual pint for the make, and a double shot chaser for the model.

Audi A3?

TBA - guess the make - craig-pd130

Citroen Saxo in that coppery colour, lowered, with an aftermarket back box and a K&N sticker in the rear window?

TBA - guess the make - Wukl

Ooo, er was it a Panhard et Levassor? Perhaps a 10CV? There's no other make springs readily to mind... ;)

TBA - guess the make - Bolt

Golf GTI?

TBA - guess the make - grimep

Audi A4

Keep 'em coming, be interesting to see which makes get mentioned the most..:-)

Possibly a BMW

TBA - guess the make - Doc

Vauxhall Corsa?

TBA - guess the make - bazza

I wager a German marque, either an Audi A4 or A6, or a BMW 3 or 5 series! Alternatively a Range Rover Sport or Vogue type thing.

I'm off to bed, another early start, result and my round tomorrow.

TBA - guess the make - akr

Audi all day.

Although I bet it'll be something really unexpected like a Toyota or some other such blandness.

TBA - guess the make - RobJP

Audi. Probably an A4

TBA - guess the make - artill

As all the obvious cars have been guessed, i will go for a Honda Jazz, surely the car you would least expect to be driven this way

TBA - guess the make - bathtub tom

Has anyone suggested a beemer? My money's on a Skoda, as they caused the most hold ups when I was towing.

TBA - guess the make - veryoldbear

Nah. Vauxhall Corsa ...

TBA - guess the make - Bolt

Nah. Vauxhall Corsa ...

Possibly,seem to be the most raced car around my way new or old

TBA - guess the make - Avant

BMW drivers blame it all on Audi drivers, and vice versa - but my impression is that much of the 'carving-up' that I see is done by people in black cars. (But I DON'T mean to imply that all drivers of black cars are road-hogs!)

So my best guess is a black 320, followed by an A4 or perhaps a newish Volvo. Outside chance it was an Insignia: a lot of Vauxhalls are driven either very fast or very slow.

I must honestly say that I can't remember ever being carved up by a Mercedes - or a Skoda.

TBA - guess the make - The-Mechanic

I'd say an Audi A4 Avant S line, possibly a silver grey coloured one on 18" alloys.

The reason he was driving this way : He was trying to catch up with the black Beemer 320 that beat him away from the lights miles earlier ;-)

TBA - guess the make - corax

White Audi, BMW , or Range Rover Sport. The usual suspects. Or it could something unexpected, and you're trying to trick us :)

TBA - guess the make - Brit_in_Germany

Dacia, of course.

TBA - guess the make - 72 dudes

BMW 1 Series?

Possibly a 116i whose driver wished it was an M135i.

TBA - guess the make - John Boy

A bullet-proof, donkeys' years old MB? :-)

TBA - guess the make - piggy

My money is on the usual suspects,either an Audi or BMW.

TBA - guess the make - madf

Daewoo Matiz.

TBA - guess the make - Alanovich

Toyota Yaris Verso. Beige. Hat on.

Late for church.

TBA - guess the make - balleballe

I would Say BMW (something like a 116) but normally BMW drivers are aggressive so unsure.

I'm going with an Audi A1

TBA - guess the make - quizman

I think it would be a Morris Marina or a BMW or an Audi.

TBA - guess the make - Wackyracer

BMW 320 or VW Golf.

Brilliant.

You know of course that Dan got it in one in the first reply, Audi A3 on an 11 plate, and yes it was a very dark colour, probably black.

Funny how we all seem to have our own radars for likely makes for idiotic driving, i'd probably have suggested either an Audi or Vivaro van, very seldom do i see a BMW being driven badly now.

Well done Dan86, if we ever have a BR meet up its my round.

Was Dan driving it? :-)

Who knows lol.

The reason I guessed audi a3 was simply because they all seem to be driven by a hols round my way.

TBA - guess the make - hillman

dan86, what's a hol ?

My guess would have been a Bad Mannered W...

Twice recently I've had idots doing the dodging in and out trick on me on congested roads and I've pulled over as soon as it was safe to let them by. Both times they've tooted indignantly. It seems that some drivers regard the 30 mph sign as the instruction to drive at 30 mph instead of the maximum speed allowed on that stretch of road. Sometimes it would be foolish to do 30 mph.

TBA - guess the make - Wackyracer
Twice recently I've had idots doing the dodging in and out trick on me on congested roads and I've pulled over as soon as it was safe to let them by. Both times they've tooted indignantly. It seems that some drivers regard the 30 mph sign as the instruction to drive at 30 mph instead of the maximum speed allowed on that stretch of road. Sometimes it would be foolish to do 30 mph.

I had something very similar recently, Was being followed by a young woman in a Range Rover. In the 50mph zone she was miles back as I was driving at 50mph. Then when we came into the 30mph zone, She was trying to push me along by tail gating. I did a quick dive into the first available layby and let her pass.

Edited by Wackyracer on 16/11/2014 at 16:03

TBA - guess the make - akr

On my daily 30 mile commute on the M62 Audis are by some distance the most aggressive, annoying, fastest, outside lane hoggers. I don't see BMWs or Mercedes going mad on this commute anywhere near as much.

Interestingly, on our driving holiday round Germany this summer it was pretty evenly spread between Audi, BMW and Mercedes as to who was the most aggressive or the quickest.

TBA - guess the make - Bladerrw

This site is so predictable...Audis, women, young people, diesels. Never happier than when you're moaning.

You must be feeling happier too, now.