ml 270 cdi 2000 - air bubble between fuel filter and pump - Laison

I have ml 270 cdi,2000.Last Sunday the car cuts off three times before I could reach home.I waited for approx 15 minutes in each cut off,and later started on normally.I realised that the pipe from fuel to the pump was bent and probably suffocated the enjectors.I have corrected that,but the problem of the air bubble is still there.This morning I started it,kicked on well.Switched off the engine and I moved to the engine bay and looked directly in the fuel filter.I could see the air bubble introduced coming from the fuel filter.I have fitted the new o rings in the fuel line.

Can anyone help!The car does start well,but the concern is the air bubble.Or is it normal that the bubble should be there?

ml 270 cdi 2000 - air bubble between fuel filter and pump - elekie&a/c doctor

If the car starts and runs ok,then i would not be worried.I you start to get more air in the system with continuous bubbles and aeration ,then it may be the fuel pipes will need replacing,especially the ones that run to the pump on the front of the engine.

ml 270 cdi 2000 - air bubble between fuel filter and pump - Laison

Hi elekie!

I think I found out the problem,the pipe from the fuel filter to the primary pump was shorh and could not fit airtightly to the pump as well as to the filter. When I ordered it I 've seen the difference between the two pipes.Now that I have replaced it the car is fine,although there is a very tiny bubble in the pipe.Is it a must that there should be an air bubble?Now I need to replace the turbo and put a recorn one,do I have to take intercooler for clean up?Laison

Edited by Laison on 27/10/2014 at 18:00