Ford Focus 1.6 ti-vct 2011 model manual trans - Car is pinking at 1500 revs - Touareg R Line Owner

Hi

Bought my focus 2 weeks ago. V pleased with it apart from the fact that it 'pinks' or stutters at 1500 revs irrespective of the gear it is in.

Anyone had similar problems? At first I thought it was transmission shunt but it does it at a constant speed, not under load. Particularly bad if you gently take your foot off.

It's been service with Ford Main Agent and due it's next one (45K I think) shortly.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Rob

Ford Focus 1.6 ti-vct 2011 model manual trans - Car is pinking at 1500 revs - elekie&a/c doctor

Really don't think the engine is pinking.Modern engine management systems are too clever to allow this to happen.Have you checked the oil level?

Ford Focus 1.6 ti-vct 2011 model manual trans - Car is pinking at 1500 revs - bathtub tom

Could be anything.

Any Engine Management Light (EML)? If so, get the codes read. Does the light illuminate, briefly, at swotching on the ignition?

Ford Focus 1.6 ti-vct 2011 model manual trans - Car is pinking at 1500 revs - Railroad.
It's not likely to be pinking unless you're using the cheapest and worst grade of fuel imaginable. I'd have a good look at the exhaust for signs of a loose or broken bracket, and thump the catalyst with your hand to determine if it's beginning to disintegrate internally.
Ford Focus 1.6 ti-vct 2011 model manual trans - Car is pinking at 1500 revs - Touareg R Line Owner

Hi thanks for reply - no light showing

Thanks for reply - I'm using Sainsburys so pretty cheap fuel -

Thanks for your reply - yes oil level is fine, although needs changing soon - service in a few weeks