Ford Mondeo - limp mode - willie2

Can anyone make sense of what came up on my OBD2 Reader when plugged into a 2008 desiel mondeo it came up with :- ( MIS FUEL CCM)

CAT HCA EUA AIR

ACR O25 HTR EGR

(MIS HASRUN)

MIS HASNOTRUN

(MIS DONT SUPPORT)

Desperate Please Help

Ford Mondeo - limp mode - The-Mechanic

Definitely makes no sense to me. Normally you get a 'P' suffix error code for an engine fault, but can't see anything resembling that in your post.

What OBD2 reader are you using ? Some FleaBay cheapies are not completely compatible with some cars and can show random, nonsense data. Can you try a different scanner to see if you get a different result ?

Ford Mondeo - limp mode - willie2

This came up on my OBD2 reader (D900 Version) in (last I/M readiness)

MIS FUEL CCM

CAT HCA EVA AIR

ACR 025 HTR EGR

( MIS HASRUN)

(MIS HASNOTRUN)

(MIS DON'T SUPPORT)

The code that came up on the car but not on the OBD2 Reader was C41668

This is a desiel Mondeo 2008

Ford Mondeo - limp mode - elekie&a/c doctor

You really do need to get another more accurate tester.These codes are just nonsense.The C codes are for chassis electronics.Could be related to the abs/stabilty control.

Edited by elekie&a/c doctor on 15/10/2014 at 09:34

Ford Mondeo - limp mode - The-Mechanic

Copied this from a Ford owners forum :

C41668 = U0416-68
U0416 = Invalid Data Received From Vehicle Dynamics Control Module U0416 = Invalid Data Received From Vehicle Dynamics Control Module
68 = DTC Failure Subtype definition for failure category “6”. 68 = DTC Failure Subtype definition for failure category "6". Event information — This subtype is used by the control module to indicate the detection of a system event that was not caused by the control module itself but forces the control module to store a DTC (eg missing functionality from another system/control module). Event information - This subtype is used by the control module to indicate the detection of a system event that was not caused by the control module itself but forces the control module to store a DTC (eg missing functionality from another system / control module).

Sounds like an ABS or Stability control fault ? This could, in some cases cause the engine ECU to reduce power (not unlike limp mode) as it gets a false reading from the ABS saying the car is skidding even though it's not, and is trying to control it ?

Best advice is seek professional help and get the errors diagnosed correctly. The car will still stop without ABS but if it loses power when your overtaking, that's a different matter.