fiesta 1.4 zetec 2002 mk6 - power steering fluid/oil in spark plug cavities - guitarman1977

Hi all

Can someone tell me the exact power steering fluid i need please.

The level has dropped and it needs a top up.

I have some from my previous car a 2001 ford focus. Will this suffice?

I have not had the car long and have not yet got a manual for it.

Also when i checked spak plugs the other day they were bathing in oil. Am i right in thinking that it needs a new rocker cover gasket?

Thanks for all help in advance.

Cheers

Simon

fiesta 1.4 zetec 2002 mk6 - power steering fluid/oil in spark plug cavities - elekie&a/c doctor

Power steering fliud is same as your focus.Oil is spark plug holes is very likely to be from cam cover gasket.

fiesta 1.4 zetec 2002 mk6 - power steering fluid/oil in spark plug cavities - bathtub tom

If your power steering fluid level has dropped, then it's probably leaking somewhere.

May be as well to cure the leak first!

fiesta 1.4 zetec 2002 mk6 - power steering fluid/oil in spark plug cavities - guitarman1977

Thanks for the replies.

When the car is parked overnight i have no visible leaks on the ground in the morning.

My focus needed ps fluid top up now and again and that had no issues with steering rack/pump.

Engine oil goes down a bit but then i guess once i fix the gasket it should help that.

I will look for a ps leak just to be on the safe side.

Thanks again to you both.

Ok well i have bought a new cam cover gasket and went to fit it today.

I undid all the bolts securing the cover to the head including the two under the posts that the air filter box locates onto but i can't remove the cover because there is an electrical wire that comes from the fuel rail across the cover and to a connector at the back of the cover.

Am i right in thinking i have to disconnect this? If so how do you do it?

All have appreciated because i am losing quite a bit of oil from this dodgy gasket!

Thanks in advance.

Simon