Vauxhall Astra - Vauxhall Astra 2001 misfire - TinyLionHeart

I recently (month ago) purchased used Vauxhall Astra Club 2001 and last week had to call for help to RAC because of the misfire in one of the cylinders? Changed all 4 spark plugs as advised by RAC, but didn't help. Still complaining about warranty with seller (purchased with 3 mth warranty) but wanted to know how serious problem can be? And how expensive? Thanks and sorry if that sounds stupid - I'm just a girl with first car ever in her life lol and no man to ask for advice :)

Vauxhall Astra - Vauxhall Astra 2001 misfire - TinyLionHeart

Forgot to mention that misfire is permanent and I can't drive at the moment but I need car daily :(

Vauxhall Astra - Vauxhall Astra 2001 misfire - The-Mechanic

If the car was bought from a dealer and they gave you the three month warranty, it's down to them to sort it.

There are many things that could cause a mis fire, and without a proper diagnosis first, it'd be pure guesswork to say what's causing it. It could be (depending on what engine it has), plug leads or coil pack, a wiring fault, faulty ECU, head gasket failiure, burnt out valves etc, etc.

Driving a mis firing petrol engined car can and will cause damage to the catalytic converter in quite a short time as un burnt fuel destroys the innards of the catalyst. You're doing the right thing by not driving the car, but you need to insist the seller gets the car recovered to them for diagnosis and repair of the fault.

Good luck with it, and stand by your guns when telling the seller you want it fixed at no cost to you under the warranty.