Suzuki Swift Auto - Which one out of these 3??!! Buying today - twiglet2014

Hey There!

I'm buying a used Swift.

I need an auto and have 3 at the right(ish) price etc!

One is a Suzuki Swift 2010 (60) SZ4 5dr Auto for £6200 with 18,000 miles

The other is a Suzuki Swift 1.5 2009 GLX (Reg says 08?!) 5dr Auto 15,500

Last One is a Suzuki Swift 1.5 SZ4 2010 (60) 16000 on the clock.

All will offer 1yr warranty etc and seem similar in that respect. However i've only had a 1.6 GLX so unsure how the 1.2 will cope with overtaking etc and unsure on trims. So anyone know which one is better?!?

Suzuki Swift Auto - Which one out of these 3??!! Buying today - Manatee

SZ4 is the top trim in the current 3rd generation I think, and a later model than the GL/GLX 2nd generation which the SZ designations replaced. The SZ4 is also the onlyu one you can get with an auto, currently at least according to Suzuki GB.

I imagine the newer cars are much more economical but check the figures is that matters to you.

The 1.2 auto isn't going to be fast, but that goes with the territory with small autos - if that's what you're used to it's probably OK to ignore reviewer's comments that the manual is "better". Only way to be sure is to drive it of course.

I'd certainly be going for the newer model. Safer, slightly bigger, and should be cheaper to run.

Don't forget the resources on this site.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/suzuki/swift-2010/

and

www.suzuki.co.uk/cars/cars/new/swift

Thanks I'm on an auto liscence so stuck with auto.

I like the swifts but and doen't really have anything else to compare to as my previosu cars were 1.6/2 litre and a courtesy car Nssan Micra 1.0 wich struggled at roundabouts lol

Just hope the 1.2 still feels kicky, will take for a test drive me thinks as you say

P.S. - I didn't think there was a 1.5 in the new gen cars. Maybe the 2010 1.5 sz4 you mention (if it is a 1.5) is a transitional model - the old car with the later badging. I'd definitley assume it's the "old" engine unless you can get better information.

www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/20140428375...p

It says 1.5 sz4 2010 60 plate auto but pic looks manual..hmmm

Yes it looks like a manual. Bunging the reg into Eurocarparts just says "1.5". Doing the same on mytyres comes back with "SUZUKI SWIFT SZ4 AUTO". It wouldn't be the only car with the wrong description on the V5 though.

Look at the lights - looks like the old model to me. Possibly a parts bin special!

Edited by Manatee on 30/07/2014 at 16:18

Oh thats that one off then!

Well atch confused.com says sz4 2010 1.5!

Suzuki Swift Auto - Which one out of these 3??!! Buying today - retgwte

I had a 1.5 GLX swift auto and loved it.

When I came to change they had made the new autos only 1.2, so I thought that was too small an engine. SZ4 autos are all 1.2

I got a Hyundai i20 1.4 automatic instead. They are also proper tourque convertor autos and very good.

They i20 is similar size, and very good too.

that advert is wrong. its clearly a manual car etc

Thanks will look at them too

Suzuki Swift Auto - Which one out of these 3??!! Buying today - Happy Blue!

My father has a 1.3 auto Daihatsu Sirion. Nippy? You bet! Its great fun and 40mpg on a run minimum.

My father has a 1.3 auto Daihatsu Sirion. Nippy? You bet! Its great fun and 40mpg on a run minimum.

Daihatsu's are no longer sold here are they? I agree good cars (Toyota-related IIRC) but probably not for a non-enthusiast who wants good support - service agents are few and far between.

daihatsu.co.uk/index2.php

Suzuki Swift Auto - Which one out of these 3??!! Buying today - Falkirk Bairn

Daihatsu's are no longer sold here are they? I agree good cars (Toyota-related IIRC) but probably not for a non-enthusiast who wants good support - service agents are few and far between.

daihatsu.co.uk/index2.php

Toyota running gear so should be 1) reliable 2) Lots of toyota knowledge in Indies

Suzuki Swift Auto - Which one out of these 3??!! Buying today - daveyK_UK

Just to confirm, the latest Suzuki alto has a petrol auto version available that is a torque converter?

HJ says "proper 4 speed" which I take to mean a TC.

Not a match for a Swift though. Smaller, slower, (0-62 17.5s vs 13.5s for the autos) and a cylinder short of a picnic.

Suzuki Swift Auto - Which one out of these 3??!! Buying today - daveyK_UK

Sorry, I meant the swift

yes the swift auto is torque converter gearbox

as is hyundai i20 auto

So is the Daihatsu Sirion auto, and the perodua myvi (a very good under rated car, and the same as the Daihatsu but made in Malaysia instead)

But as mentioned the daihatsu and perodua maybe more hassle for spare parts etc

Suzuki Swift Auto - Which one out of these 3??!! Buying today - Sulphur Man

Kia Rio comes as a 1.4 auto, torque convertor, and would have a longer warranty from the balance of the manufacturer 7-year.

General opinion, which I concur with, is that the best small auto is the Honda Jazz CVT, but based on your Suzuki budget, youd have to buy an older car.

t the best small auto is the Honda Jazz CVT, but based on your Suzuki budget, youd have to buy an older car.

and get a blue rinse, and go to the garden centre for lunch:)

I actually don't care much about image, in general. Never crossed my mind when I drove the bosses 2002 Civic, or now with the current Roomster. But I just could not see either of us in a Jazz even though I tried, (and we are probably in the right age group, chronologically anyway).

They are also far too dear, as you suggest.

I assume the Kia Rio is the one that is mechanically similar to the Hyundai i20, but with a 7 instead of a 5 year warranty? Please correct me if I am wrong.

I would NEVER have another CVT, I had one where the bands snapped and smashed the gearbox case. Never again.