Mazda 6 - Random activation of alarm system - parfour

The alarm system on my 08 Mazda6 2.0ts hatchback has started to go off on apparently random occasions. It is parked in an official parking bay but is not within convenient visual or audible range of my flat. A neighbour, who can see (and hear) the alarm from his accommodation, tells me that it goes off sometimes 5 or 6 times consecutively for about 10 seconds each time and then apparently remains silent. I am quite confident that the alarm is not being activated by attempts to enter it. Anybody got any ideas, please?

Mazda 6 - Random activation of alarm system - kiss (keep it simple)

Had the same problem with my 2004 Mazda6. I had left my Android Tablet (HUDL) in the car (switched on). I think it was trying to connect with the house wifi. It did it again with my phone.

Mazda 6 - Random activation of alarm system - piggy

Could it possibly be turbulence from the air vents? My 6 has a button on the lower right of the key fob to prevent alarm activation from movement in the car-perfect for when pets are left in.Try pressing this button as a cost-free trial.( Indicators will blink three times).

Mazda 6 - Random activation of alarm system - parfour

kiss and piggy

Thanks for your responses. Unfortunately I can't blame my tablet as the only loose item in my car is a torch, which is too big for the glove box and resides under the drivers seat. My key also has the alarm prevention button (not all Mazdas have) so, piggy, at what point in the locking sequence do you operate this button? I have made several attempts to get this information from the owner manual but end up getting more and more confused owing to Mazda's policy of writing the manual to cover every possible combination of their model range in both right hand and left hand modes.

Mazda 6 - Random activation of alarm system - Dippy_NI

I too have suffered with this issue. I use a small rucksack to carry stuff around and the alarm would go off any time I locked the car with the bag left on the passenger seat, or even bizarrely sometimes when it was left in the footwell.

I'm aware that there are sensors in the seat which detect if someone is sitting in the car, which are used for the airbag system and for the seat belt alarm. I wonder if leaving something moderately heavy on the seat makes the car think that someone is sitting inside the car while it is locked and somehow triggers the alarm. Anyway, I now leave the bag on the floor behind the front seats and my alarm now doesn't go randomly go off.