Scenic 2001 - Colour Change on Car - AdamM2012

Hello,

I have just bought a 2001 Renault Scenic which is listed on the V5 as being grey. However, the car is actually metallic blue.

From all of the history supplied with the car, it seems that when the car was purchased brand new from a Renault dealer, the orginal owner paid extra to have it resprayed by the dealer. However, the paperwork lists the car as still being grey.

Does anyone know if this needs to be declared when taking out insurance? I am unsure as the colour was changed when the car was supplied new, as opposed to someone changing its colour years later.

Thanks for any advice.

Scenic 2001 - Colour Change on Car - jc2

Why wasn't the V5 updated?-it should be for a colour change. I'd start checking chassis numbers etc..

Why wasn't the V5 updated?-it should be for a colour change. I'd start checking chassis numbers etc..

I don't know why it wasn't changed. However, the VIN number all match and I've got lots of history for the car, so I don't think it's anything like that.

Scenic 2001 - Colour Change on Car - Dwight Van Driver

I would be letting DVLA know:

Road vehicles (Reg & Lic) regs 2002

Notification of an alteration to a vehicle

16. (1) Where any alteration is made to a vehicle so as to make any of the particulars set out in the registration document incorrect, the registered keeper shall deliver to the Secretary of State—

(a)notification of the alteration;

(b)except where the registration document is lost, stolen or destroyed, the registration document.

Might save some hassle on a pull if VRM/Chassis confirmed as ^^^^^^^^^^^^

dvd

I am in the process of telling the DVLA, but I'm more concerned with the insurance. Presumably I should inform them?

Scenic 2001 - Colour Change on Car - Manatee

I don't think any of our insurers have a record of what colours the cars were in the first place.

Scenic 2001 - Colour Change on Car - Galaxy

I don't think any of our insurers have a record of what colours the cars were in the first place.

No, they haven't. In the event of them needing this information they would just rely on that held by the DVLA.

Scenic 2001 - Colour Change on Car - elekie&a/c doctor
I really can't believe anybody would colour change a car like this from new.I would take a good look under the carpets and trims to see if you can identify the original colour.In any case does it matter on a car this age?