Speeding Fines - DeeDeeDee

i was charged with speeding at 97 miles per hour on a motorway in Scotland. I got 4 points and £250 which my company paid for as I was speeding to get my bosses to the airport. This was about 9 or 10 years ago.. Is this seen as a criminal record and will this appear on an enhanced DBS Check?

Speeding Fines - RobJP

This is a 'in my case' situation here ...

I'm a Firearms certificate holder. On our applications, we have to put down any convictions, cautions, etc. No matter how old. However, when I did my application, and put down a couple of speeding convictions from the early 2000s, I was told during the police house visit that they had no record of these convictions on their databases.

Anyway ... as far as I'm aware, Yes, it is a conviction. As to whether it appears on the DBS check or not, that's anyone's guess. My only suggestion is that if there is a place on a form to put it down, then do so. Worst thing is if you are seen as trying to hide it.

Speeding Fines - Bromptonaut

AFAIK simple motoring offences like speeding don't create a 'criminal record' for DBS etc purposes. More serious stuff like DUI and death by cangerous however will.

How sure are you of this Bromptonaut? Thanks DeeDeeDee

Thank you RobJP, I believe there are new rules applying to watch goes on a DBS and what the police can leave off. I believe when applying for an enhanced DBS check you do not declare any information other than proving who you are and then the police deciding if it is spent whether it needs to appear on the check. So I would like to know if it does in fact go on your criminal record or not. Fingers crossed eh?

Speeding Fines - Ethan Edwards

Good news. Under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 speeding convictions are 'spent' after five years. is it didn't happen guv. So won't be an issue for the original poster.

Mine own which was some 32 years ago "didn't happen" right?

Hiya Ethan Edwards, that is good to read, but spent convictions do show on an enhanced DSB check...so still not that confident

Thanks though and 32years defo not happened :-)

Speeding Fines - RobJP

This is not about whether or not a conviction is 'spent'. As I said on my reply, in certain cases (usually defined by parliament), any and all convictions/cautions (and even binding overs and absolute discharges!) must be disclosed.

I mentioned firearms certificates, here is the bit from the official notes to applicants for FAC :

You must not withhold information about any conviction. This includes motoring offences, binding overs, formal written warnings, cautions and convictions in and outside Great Britain, and (by virtue of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975) convictions which are spent under the 1974 Act. A conditional discharge and an absolute discharge both count as convictions for this purpose. Details of parking offences and fixed penalty notices do not need to be declared.

OK thanks

Hi

Some more information on this matter which is very interesting

file:///C:/Users/LAPTOP/Downloads/Criminal%20Convictions%20-%20How%20And%20When%20To%20Tell%20Others%20Factsheet.pdf

file:///C:/Users/LAPTOP/Downloads/SN06441.pdf

Thanks

Speeding Fines - Manatee

Don't think I can access your laptop, DDD!

Don't think I can access your laptop, DDD!

so sorry!! I found the downloads on this site

www.rethink.org/living-with-mental-illness/money-i...s