Ford Fiesta - Sat nav for Ford Fiesta - MikeTorque

I'm looking for advice on a suitable dedicated Sat nav product and would like to hear of your experiences of their pros and cons and suggestions for a suitable product.

Requirements are a large clear screen, only need UK maps, lifetime maps, live traffic updates, voice control, always connected, no link to my phone, easy to fit and remove, approx. time to update via computer. The Sat nav needs to function continuously on A, B and other roads with no holes. Thank you.

Ford Fiesta - Sat nav for Ford Fiesta - skidpan

Had a Garmin now about 4 years. Absolutely faultless. Cost £90 from Halfords but you could well get one with a bigger screen and more features for less now. Adding the list of features you need will put the bill up.

Ford Fiesta - Sat nav for Ford Fiesta - Happy Blue!

If you have a smart phone, have you thought about Waze? Its a fantastic app that offers real time traffic avoidance re-routing. I use it a lot, sometime in preference to my built in SatNag.

Ford Fiesta - Sat nav for Ford Fiesta - Galaxy

Halfords were doing a Garmin with unlimited updates for £79 over the weekend, but I fear the offer could be finished by now.

Whatever you buy, make sure it comes with unlimited updates. I bought a Garmin about 4 years ago which didn't for about £100; they want £75 for the updates!

Ford Fiesta - Sat nav for Ford Fiesta - Big John

I've recentley invested in a Tomtom Go 5000 which has lifetime maps(european), lifetime traffic, does voice control(use this a lot) and is always connected with a good /simple magnetic mount.

I love the route planning facility and the traffic updates are far superior to my old RDS/TMC device shows traffic even on minor roads. Didn't take too long for a major update but I do have a very high speed internet connection.

Not cheap though...

Ford Fiesta - Sat nav for Ford Fiesta - MikeTorque

Thanks for your responses, most helpful.

I've considered Waze but doesn't provide everything I need especially when I'm going to a new area etc.

I went to Halfords and had a look at Garmins and TomToms. The Garmins have a clear display and graphics but not all the features I would like. The TomTom 6" screen doesn't have enough defination, I could see the Pixels, they need to increase the amount of Pixels or make it HD to justify the cost, also the 6" models are too wide to fit into the space on top of the Fiesta's recessed central console. The TomTom 5" screen had better defination and it looks clearer as a result. So it's down to one of the 5" models. The TomTom GO 5000 would provide everything I need, but I'll consider other model as well. Any help appreciated.