chevrolet captiva 2009- - brake lights not working - kennymcd

Both my rear brake lights do not work when the brake pedal is pressed but the rear high level brake light works ok. I have checked all the fuses and they are ok. I have been told it could be the turn signal switch that is faulty as it is wired through that switch. Is this correct? or if not where could the fault exist. Any help appreciated, thanks

chevrolet captiva 2009- - brake lights not working - elekie&a/c doctor

Do you think it could be 2 blown bulbs.If the high level brake light works ,then the switch circuit must be ok.

chevrolet captiva 2009- - brake lights not working - Peter.N.

Could be, otherwise a wiring fault.

chevrolet captiva 2009- - brake lights not working - MrEckerslikefromRamsbottom

Always check the bulbs first. I find that modern manufacturing is so robotisised that bulbs from the same batch are nearly identical and if one brake light or indicator bulb fails, then the other side will fail just a few days later. This has happened to me with side lights, brake light and indicator bulbs, so if one fails, expect the other to go as well and change the pair.

chevrolet captiva 2009- - brake lights not working - gordonbennet

This has happened to me with side lights, brake light and indicator bulbs, so if one fails, expect the other to go as well and change the pair.

Agreed, couple of weeks ago one of the tail light bulbs was out on my tractor unit, i checked the other two in the cluster and they were both blackened, then checked the other side indeed those three were blackened too, renewed all 6....purely out of interest 17 months old 200k kms.