Jaguar XFRS Mercedes E63 AMG - Biased between Jaguar XFRS and Mercedes E63 AMG - shaz408

Hi Guys

I am in need of your advice, after looking at different options my thoughts are now spilit between Jaguar XFRS and Mercedes E63 AMG

I need your wise advise to decide between these 2 fantastic cars.

I am looking for used one and found 2 avaialble:

1. Jaguar XFRS, Blue, 2014, 100 miles millage, 60K asking price

2. Mercedes, E63 AMG (NOT S), 2500 miles millage, 60K asking price

Where I like the XFRS out side looks, but XFRS interior is not as good as E63 while E63 looks are good but not much sportier. well I leave this on your feedback too.

I will be changing the car in 2 year, so need to ask you if bank from financing is good via bank with personal loan (Approved at 7%) or PCP or HP from vendor will work better.

Depreciation difference is important for me between 2 cars but its not big deal if its plus minus 4k.

Guys please do give feedback I dont have peopel around me who can give me advice.

Regards

Jaguar XFRS Mercedes E63 AMG - Biased between Jaguar XFRS and Mercedes E63 AMG - Avant

Sadly, most of us haven't driven cars at this end of the market. But even if we had, this sort of decision has to come down to which car you prefer to drive - and if it's important to you, which looks nicer.

If you're not sure about finance, you should get advice from an independent financial adviser, rather than someone (even a bank manager) who has their own products to sell. With a PCP you'll pay less each month but then have to deal with the balloon payment at the end of the contract.

Jaguar XFRS Mercedes E63 AMG - Biased between Jaguar XFRS and Mercedes E63 AMG - artill

As for the cars, it should just be personal choice. For me it would be a VXR8 as I dislike autos, but thats not what you asked. If you must keep them for just 2 years pcp will give you a maximum loss as guarantee which might be very useful. But you will be losing nearly £ 30k, and paying many thousands more in interest on top. That is hugely expensive motoring for just 2 years.

Jaguar XFRS Mercedes E63 AMG - Biased between Jaguar XFRS and Mercedes E63 AMG - SteveLee

I've driven both - I would have expected to prefer the Jag by miles - but sadly they've bitten the German bug and gone too hard core - the fast supple poised supercharged Jag saloons of old are history - it's just another bone-shaker like most Germans cars - what a shame.

Gimmie my old Jag XJR over either of them anyday.

Jaguar XFRS Mercedes E63 AMG - Biased between Jaguar XFRS and Mercedes E63 AMG - daveyjp
Unless you are in a position to get one of these paid for neither make financial sense to a private buyer. The Jag at less than three years old with 20,000 or so miles will be mid £30k.

The £30k saved over an ex demo one more than covers an extended manufacturers warranty and a private plate and in a couple of years you will get back half what you paid.