Honda Jazz 08 - Brakes on a Honda Jazz 08 Automatic - Elisabeth7322

I have just received a report from Honda when my car bumper was repaired in May that the brake pads are approx 80% worn at the front and 50% at the rear.

When it was serviced in March the pads were approx 75% (front) 25% (rear). I am a little concerned that they seem to have gone down by what appears to be a lot in two months. I am about to travel to Cornwall and wondered if I needed to get the brakes pads replaced.

Thanks

Elisabeth

Edited by Avant on 12/06/2014 at 18:57

Honda Jazz 08 - Breaks on a Honda Jazz 08 Automatic - Peter.N.

It depends really on your style of driving, I suspect that you use your brakes a lot, meaning you drive quite fast. My brake pads last 30,000 miles or more but then I'm old and tend to take my foot off well before I have to stop letting the car slow by itself or using the gears, I don't drive very fast anyway.

If you are going to be driving hard and fast I would suggest you get the pads replaced but if you drive gently you shouldn't have a problem.

Honda Jazz 08 - Breaks on a Honda Jazz 08 Automatic - bathtub tom

I'd suggest they're having you on.

Get a second opinion!

Honda Jazz 08 - Breaks on a Honda Jazz 08 Automatic - focussed

It's an automatic so you will be using the brakes to a greater extent than if the car was a manual so they are going to wear out the pads quicker-it's your choice-but remember there are a lot of hills in Cornwall.