VW Golf, Ford Focus, Hyundai i30, Honda Civic - Small family hatchback advice - robinho99

I'm looking to get a second hand family hatchback with a budget of ~£10,000. I do a lot of motorway miles so need a diesel.

I was aiming to get a car with low mileage <20,000 with a good warranty. I'm hoping to keep the car for 5years so looking for reliability and good fuel economy

Does anyone have any good recommendations, and any dealers they would advise (I live in the South West)? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

VW Golf, Ford Focus, Hyundai i30, Honda Civic - Small family hatchback advice - skidpan

Don't forget the Kia Ceed. Preferably get one from a Kia dealer to ensure the warranty is intact (same applies to any used car) or carefully check the paperwork before handing over cash.

Our Ceed has been 100% reliable over the 4 years we have owned it and has averaged about 52 mpg in mixed use.

VW Golf, Ford Focus, Hyundai i30, Honda Civic - Small family hatchback advice - oldtoffee

You can get a 2011 Kia Ceed 1.6 diesel hatch at cargiant for £6800 with 4 years warranty still on it Or a 2012 diesel auto estate (big boot) for £8800 with 5 years warranty left. Both around 20k - 30k miles so 70k to 80k left for you before they go out of warranty.