Vauxhall Astra G Petrol 2002 1.6i - engine management light - crazylegs02

October 2012 ,at first it cut out 10 mins after buying it , rang the fellow i bought it off he said "has the service light come on " a day after buying it off Goldie a mechanic in Earlestown lol mechanic my @%^# , so he did service and got codes off . then . two days later it came on again and 4 miles on cut out on the motorway took it back he had the car two days and changed the cam sensor twice but it still showed up cam sensor . he said " I can't figure it out " and give me the keys and said i'll have a look on internet and get back to you so me , I drove it home very time it cut out i'd switch engine off and turn igition to ON and bump it while still in motion that went on for 2 mths i had to i was working and needed it . Anyway he hadn't got back to me so i went down he said " give me address i'll come for it Saturday morning " he never showed , so i took it to another mechanic and he said changel the cam and crankshaft sensors ,egr valve and the thermostat .... so i did had the ecu reset and ....... still the same took it off the rd in october finally as i could now not afford to tax and insure it as i lost my job for always being late , i couldn't afford to get another car , so i decided take it off the rd save up and have a proper mechanic get it running get an MOT and get shut part ex or somat , i have had it with a mechanic now for three days and he's changed the lamber sensor the cam sensor and egr valve again as he said they are faulty that i put on ........ 250 quid later and its still the blooming same .................... has anyone got a clue .... he's now saying its the inlet manifold and the throttle body ?????

Vauxhall Astra G Petrol 2002 1.6i - engine management light - A3 A4

Are you sure the thermostat has been changed?

I owned a 1.6i (8v) that was forever showning the engine light. A thermostat change sorted it.