European breakdown cover - dadbif

I am off to Spain for a few weeks in the near future and am looking for some cheap breakdown cover whilst drving through France/Spain, does anybody have any recommendations?

Edited by dadbif on 12/05/2014 at 11:40

European breakdown cover - thunderbird

Cheap is rarely any good. Do you want to be stranded. Suggest you try Aviva rescue. They are very competitive (more so if you are insurred by them) and in the 10 or so years we have been covered by then they have attended within 1 hour on both occations.

European breakdown cover - dacouch

You get Aviva's European breakdown cover which is RAC free of charge if you take a motor policy with Aviva through a broker but not if you go direct.

If you want breakdown in the UK you pay a smallish charge but the European part is free

European breakdown cover - oldroverboy.

Go to moneysupermarket.com and put in your details, will offer a choice. I used green flag last year for £58 for an annual policy, but you might just want a short policy.

as the other poster says, go for a known quantity.

A few years back i was involved in a shunt and my car was written off. 1 call to green flag, and flight back sorted and car transported home. all i had to pay was my busfare from airport as did not ask for it in advance. car returned 10 days lateron a transporter to my local garage.

excellent service.