Mazda 3 sport diesl 185ps (2009) - Temporary loss of power - Elin

Suffered loss of power, on M6, on moving onto hard shoulder power suddenly returned, third time this has happened. Is it anything to do with the DPF regenerating?

Mazda 3 sport diesl 185ps (2009) - Temporary loss of power - craig-pd130

How long did the loss of power last for, several seconds? And was it as if the engine had died?

I don't think it would a DPF regeneration, it sounds too violent. My Mondeo IV 2,0TDCi used to sometimes give a little engine hiccup when a regeneration started - but it was for a fraction of a second, and there was no loss of power, just a very slight jolt as if you'd driven over a big pothole in the road and it had caused your foot to lift off the throttle pedal slightly.

Possibly the diesel fuel filter is dirty and needs changing?

Mazda 3 sport diesl 185ps (2009) - Temporary loss of power - Elin

How long did the loss of power last for, several seconds? And was it as if the engine had died?

I don't think it would a DPF regeneration, it sounds too violent. My Mondeo IV 2,0TDCi used to sometimes give a little engine hiccup when a regeneration started - but it was for a fraction of a second, and there was no loss of power, just a very slight jolt as if you'd driven over a big pothole in the road and it had caused your foot to lift off the throttle pedal slightly.

Possibly the diesel fuel filter is dirty and needs changing?

Lasted I would think about 20 seconds, engine did not cut out altogether, just didnt respond to the accelerator, like an extended turbo lag.. Will check out diesel filter.