peugeot bipper citroen nemo fiat qubo - advice on buying a nemo/bipper/qubo please - thomas9

Hi

I currently own a metallic blue 2003 citroen berlingo multispace 1.9 diesel, its a great car with plenty of space and only covered 58k miles, but i am thinking of selling it and buying a citroen nemo, bipper or qubo car because they are newer and i think look better.

I need space for my part time work so i usually drop the berlingo rear seats down to fit my equipment in. Can you please tell me if there is much difference in the dimensions between the berlingo and the nemo/bipper/qubo type cars particularly the storage area at the back also can you please tell me which one of the nemo/bipper/qubo is better recommended, i cover approx 8-10k miles per year so which is the best engine to buy, diesel or petrol 1.2 or 1.4?

many thanks

peugeot bipper citroen nemo fiat qubo - advice on buying a nemo/bipper/qubo please - Auristocrat

All three are built in the same Turkish factory. As regards the petrol versions, I think they all use the same PSA 1.4 unit. However the diesel Fiat uses Fiat's 1.3 Multijet engine, and the Citroen/Peugeot use the PSA 1.4HDI unit.

Reviews:

www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/citroen/nemo-multisp.../

www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/fiat/qubo-2009

www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/peugeot/bipper-tepee...y

peugeot bipper citroen nemo fiat qubo - advice on buying a nemo/bipper/qubo please - daveyK_UK

Have owned both the diesel and petrol Fiat versions, petrol 1.4 qubo drives great, decent size boot but is smaller than the old Berlingo.

The citroen nemo MPV and Peugeot partner tepee are identical to the Fiat.

What's good?

Driving position

Sliding doors

Masses of headroom

A pillars don't obstruct vision as much as most modern cars

Ultra reliable so far ( we got rid of the diesel fiat van versions called the fiorino recently at 80k)

Petrol seems to drive nicer than the diesel but the diesel unit had a lot more power and its noticeable

Handling is typical small fiat, very good and easy

Parts list is incredibly cheap because it is van based, my friend need a new bumper for her qubo and got a new one for £36 quid!

What's bad

Good Fiat dealers are few and far between, we would take our a 40 miles away past 5 other dealerships that where closer due to reputations. There are good fiat dealerships out there, the fiat forum is useful.

No spare tyre on car version but there is on the van version. If you specify it on your order its a cheap £95 option, but Fiat don't sell an aftermarket tyre storing kit for the car version despite all the holes and fixtures being in place, you have to order it against a van reg. I know this can be solved by ordering the tyre when new, buts its annoying Fiat make it so awkward when its clearly possible and a 20 minute job to fit.

Rear windows are push out not wind down, fine if you get a my life or higher spec qubo with air con as standard but it must be annoying if you go for the basic active.

Edited by daveyK_UK on 07/05/2014 at 17:51

peugeot bipper citroen nemo fiat qubo - advice on buying a nemo/bipper/qubo please - thomas9

Many thanks for your kind replies, you have have been very helpful and it is very much appreciated,

Thomas

peugeot bipper citroen nemo fiat qubo - advice on buying a nemo/bipper/qubo please - Gibbo_Wirral

Back in 1999 I had a Berlingo 1.9 diesel van from new. It did 125,000 miles without a single fault.

Hi, Thanks to you all for your kind replies,

the last 2 have convinced me to keep hold of the berlingo for a while longer, i do want to change it because its not the nicest looking car although blue is probably the best colour and only done 59k miles, but the main thing is that its actually a fantastic car, so reliable and no trouble at all, i came back from a weeks holiday in Greece recently and it started first time.

So i will keep the not so handsome car for a bit longer, many thanks again..

peugeot bipper citroen nemo fiat qubo - advice on buying a nemo/bipper/qubo please - Happy Blue!

It is appreciated that you have come back to tell us what you decided.