any - Check if its exchange - gordonbennet

Well i've made a slight mistake that has just cost me £30.

Had to get a brake caliper for the Mitsi we've just sold, searched around and the cheapest by a country mile was carparts4less on their ebay shop.

ordered, arrived in a couple of days, refurb unit, fitted it, all good, new MOT passed, car sold, finito.

Then when i was going through the paperwork i noticed that the part was £30 more expensive than i thought it was...never noticed it was an exhange unit and i didn't notice that on the site, its no doubt in the small print somewhere but being a bit snowed under with car stuff i missed it.

Now do you think i can find the blinking thing, must have binned it.

£30 lesson learned...no complaints about carparts4less at all, as usual they delivered quickly and free and the part was fine, its my mistake entirely.

Make sure you don't do the same.

Edited by gordonbennet on 19/04/2014 at 16:33

any - Check if its exchange - Galaxy

Yes, many items are exchange or a surcharge will be applied.

Did you know, by the way, that carparts4less are the same company as Euro Car Parts?

any - Check if its exchange - skidpan

About 8 years ago I bought a new (exchange starter), the old one worked fine when cold but sometimes on a hot engine it would stuggle to turn it over, embarasing at a filling station. Forgot to take the old unit back, found the paperwork several months later, only £10 so not too upset. Last year I put the old starter on e-bay starting at £0.99. Explained it was working but hit and miss when hot. Sold for £30, buyer delighted.

any - Check if its exchange - gordonbennet

Yes, many items are exchange or a surcharge will be applied.

Did you know, by the way, that carparts4less are the same company as Euro Car Parts?

Yes, i use both sites quite regularly, good online source of decent quality Pagid friction materials.

I use the free delivery a lot because the nearest ECP site is about 15 miles away, and with the number of sual suspect small traders that go in there, pushing in etc its far too chaotic for me, if ECP didn't do online, i'd make more use of my local factor...who's standard of service and my discount vary whoevers on the desk, but the can't match ECP's sales specials.

I knew the part was a refurb, then promptly forgot, but what the heck i've done with the old one is anybody's guess, had so much car stuff going on recently its been hectic.

i wish my local ECP was as close as ChrisM's, but again the slow chaos in the shop cheeses me off anyway.

Edited by gordonbennet on 20/04/2014 at 15:13

any - Check if its exchange - Chris M

Carparts4less are usually a bit cheaper than ECP, but not always when ECP have an offer on. I check before ordering as I find ECP delivery is often a day or two quicker and I have the option of click & collect from a branch about 5 miles or so away. Useful on something returnable as you need to factor in postage - a caliper would probably be around £5 by courier.

any - Check if its exchange - oldroverboy.

Had a trade customer come in with an old mini starter motor and asked for exchange, as he had the old one gave him equivalent,,,, month later... starter motor teeth gouged to bits, sent off for warranty (declined) his customer got shirty... Afterwards turned out at some time that the pre-engaged starter had been replaced by the "0ld" type from a scrapyard, and the ring gear destroyed too. Turned out expensive for saving a few bob.