Private sale value for a Clio? - DavidHM
A mate of mine has a Clio 1.2 Grande, absolutely immaculate, 37k on the clock. I'm not sure if it's had the 36k service yet though. It's a 2000X, one of the last pre facelift, with the usual spec, but no side airbags or ABS. It has the 8-valve, D-type engine with 60 bhp and, unfortunately, is in a loud metallic green.

Does £4400 sound about right in a private sale? Parkers says just under £4k but there's nothing in AutoTrader for that.
Private sale value for a Clio? - Dave_TD
3 or 5 door?
3 door, should have said.
Private sale value for a Clio? - Dave_TD
Sounds a fair price, yes. My cousin's got a 5-door one, exactly the same except in a much more subtle dark metallic blue.
If your friend's one *has* had the 36k service (is that a big one, cambelt etc?) then it would be worth mentioning in the ad.
Private sale value for a Clio? - Steve G
£4400 is about retail according to Glass's.
I would try for £4000 with the service done.
Service is about £250 - brakes (discs and pads I think), plugs, filter, oil and so on. Cambelt is done at 72k and 5 years.
Private sale value for a Clio? - Tony44
OOps - that reminds me! My daughter's Clio is six years old - under 30,000, but I should get the cambelt sorted out for her. Any idea on cost of this?

Thanks
Tony
About a tenner for the belt, £50ish for tensioners, and two or three hours' labour, depending on model. No need to get it done at the franchise dealer at this age as long as you know a good independent.
Private sale value for a Clio? - Tony44
Thanks David.

We've had the car in the family from new. First three years serviced at the main dealer and since then by our local garage.
Funnily enough they (nor I) have never mentioned the cambelt. Will have a word with them.

Thanks again.
Tony