Nissan Sunny 1.4 16v - 1991/1992 nissan sunny - bk2462

hi need some help!

Im a mechanic living in Portugal and looking after a nissan sunny for a friend. It has running problems, the car, when cold runs fine but when it gets warm it sometimes wont start straight away and the driver says there is a bad smell of fuel. I changed engine temp sensor, ignition coil, spark plugs and that worked for a few days but now its back to as it was before.. Cant find the camshaft sensor, looked inside distributor, found a sensor but not sure what it is, can anyone help?

Thankyou

Brian

Nissan Sunny 1.4 16v - 1991/1992 nissan sunny - Oli rag

The sensor inside the distributor is probably a hall sensor, this replaces the old points set up and fires the coil at the right time.

I doubt whether that would cause your warm running problems. It sounds as though the cold start enrichment is staying on , but I don't know why... sorry.

The sensor inside the distributor is probably a hall sensor, this replaces the old points set up and fires the coil at the right time.

I doubt whether that would cause your warm running problems. It sounds as though the cold start enrichment is staying on , but I don't know why... sorry.

thanks for your info

bk2462

Nissan Sunny 1.4 16v - 1991/1992 nissan sunny - dieselnut

" It sounds as though the cold start enrichment is staying on "

Would agree with Oli Rag.

The ECU would adjust its fueling with info it gets from the coolant temp sender which you say you have changed. Some engines have 2 sensors, one for the temperature guage & one for the ECU.

So you may have changed the wrong one if it has two.

Nissan Sunny 1.4 16v - 1991/1992 nissan sunny - bathtub tom

I presume you've made sure the air filter's clean?

What colour were the spark plugs when you removed the old ones, black?

How about the thermostat, does the temperature gauge reach 'normal'?

Nissan Sunny 1.4 16v - 1991/1992 nissan sunny - elekie&a/c doctor

Is this car fitted with an electronically controlled carburettor and catalyst?

Edited by elekie&a/c doctor on 04/04/2014 at 16:27

It has electronic controlled carb but no cat

The air filter has been changed, the spark plugs were not black.

Temp gauge is good

Thanks I will check