mitsubishi lancer worth buying with high mileage - agent.hunt

Hello all,

I am looking for a mitsubishi lancer 07 reg that has 120000 mileage which is within my minimal budget. Is it really worth it buying such a high mileage?

thanks

mitsubishi lancer worth buying with high mileage - Bobbin Threadbare

Depends how well it's been looked after....! Could be bangernomics, could be a horrendous money pit. This of course applies to any high miler/oldie.

mitsubishi lancer worth buying with high mileage - daveyK_UK

Good reliable car.

If service history including the receipts can be produced, its worth considering.

mitsubishi lancer worth buying with high mileage - andyp

Good reliable car.

If service history including the receipts can be produced, its worth considering.

As daveyK says, but check underneath for rust even at that age, they were giiven little protection at manufacture.

mitsubishi lancer worth buying with high mileage - gordonbennet

Decent car, but cheap enough at much lower mileages than this due to them not being a popular choice.

As said have a good poke nose underneath, you might be surprised at just how rusty the suspension and subframes can get, check wheelarches too.

Dealer (nothing to write home about) only parts will be pricey, but general service parts from your local factor are about normal for the type.

mitsubishi lancer worth buying with high mileage - primeradriver

120,000 miles is not high mileage for a modern vehicle, even a petrol (I'm guessing this is a previous model, 1.6 or 2.0l?).

And the Mitsubishi Orion engine is good for 200K+. Easily.

I have one and it's much more reliable than the Ford!

mitsubishi lancer worth buying with high mileage - agent.hunt

It's 1.6 yes. 120k for 7 years= 15-20k miles/year, which is more than the average mileage for a vehicle. It's could be true that modern vehicles can take such mileage, just need to check the vehicle properly as others experts mentioned.