Audi A4 Avant - Bodywork repair on a business contract-hire car - craig-pd130

My MD has an Audi A4 on business contract hire. He recently scraped the side on a gatepost, scarring part of the nearside rear door and wheelarch down to the metal, with minor denting too.

It's over a relatively small area of metal (perhaps 12 inches x 4 inches) but I believe the damage is too deep for the like of Chipsaway.

What are his best options for repair: do it on his own insurance? Or leave it and let the Audi dealer sort it at the end of the hire period (November 2014), and bill him?

If anyone has any experience either way, I'd be grateful.

Edited by craig-pd130 on 14/03/2014 at 13:16

Audi A4 Avant - Bodywork repair on a business contract-hire car - skidpan

What are his best options for repair: do it on his own insurance? Or leave it and let the Audi dealer sort it at the end of the hire period (November 2014), and bill him?

Get it done before its returned, the lease company will absolutely hammer him for damage. Make sure its a decent job as well otherwise he will still get hammered.

Audi A4 Avant - Bodywork repair on a business contract-hire car - Bromptonaut

As a general principle I'd get it done sooner rather than later as scored paintwork is an entry point for rust.

Audi A4 Avant - Bodywork repair on a business contract-hire car - leaseman

Sound advice from both Skidpan and Bromptonaut. We advise all our clients to have any repairs, over and above "Fair wear and tear", performed before return to the leasing company.

As part of our service, we are often asked to view cars a few weeks in advance of return in order to suggest what is required, and use BVRLA guidelines. Your Audi will probably be leased through VWFS and they publish their own guide which is not dissimilar.

Where abouts in the U.K. are you Craig? If you are in the North East of England, I can suggest a good economical repairer. If not then I'm sure that other Forum members will be able to point you in the right direction. It may be better to have a self-insured repair than to jeopardise your no-claims position and pay higher premiums.

Audi A4 Avant - Bodywork repair on a business contract-hire car - craig-pd130

Thanks for the input, everyone - I'll pass it on to my MD.

@Leaseman, my MD lives near Stockport