Nissan Qashqai - Nissan warranty - emmanneil
I have extended nissan warranty and they want to charge me 509.72 to change cambelt, I am getting it done at our local garage which is VAT registered for £250 but the nissan service team said that I am now not covered under my warranty for any problems in the future with my engine, surely this is not correct with the new law in 2003 . Any advice anyone
Nissan Qashqai - Nissan warranty - Auristocrat

The Block Exemption legislation only applies to new car warranties.

Extended warranties can legally stipulate who should service a vehicle in order for the warranty to remain in force.

For example the Toyota extended warranties clearly state that servicing must be done by a Toyota dealer.

Edited by Auristocrat on 13/03/2014 at 12:23

Nissan Qashqai - Nissan warranty - oldroverboy.
I have extended nissan warranty and they want to charge me 509.72 to change cambelt, I am getting it done at our local garage which is VAT registered for £250 but the nissan service team said that I am now not covered under my warranty for any problems in the future with my engine, surely this is not correct with the new law in 2003 . Any advice anyone

Why buy the warranty if you are not going to obey the conditions of it?

At least you bought a main dealer extended warranty! If you have not had the work done yet, go back to the dealer and get it done there.

Your choice.