Citroen relay - Citroen relay 2.2hdi nightmare with cutting out - davidm9
Hi guys looking for a bit of help with my citroen relay 2.2hdi 2007 van it seems to cut out when doing city driving but will fire up straight away . Before it cuts out it will judder as if it's running out of fuel then when the speed/revs go low enough it just cuts out . Seems fine on the motorway , but when you come off the motorway it could do it in 1 mile or 10 mile . When it's not doing it the vans runs sweet . Just changed the maf sensor and the fuel regulator control valve. Still doing it . Would appreciate any help
Citroen relay - Citroen relay 2.2hdi nightmare with cutting out - elekie&a/c doctor

When was the diesel fuel filter last renewed?

was last replaced 9000 miles ago at its last service in november/december . since driving it earlier the problem is now constant and will drive for 500 yards to a mile or so and then it does the judder warning before it cuts out

Citroen relay - Citroen relay 2.2hdi nightmare with cutting out - Gibbo_Wirral

Get a Lexia diagnostic check done. The Citroen forums will probably have a map of members with the gear.

The garage it's at did have lexia 3 , came up with fuel pressure regulator so replaced this and the maf only thing it has done is made the problem permanent as instead of doing it randomly off the motorway it now does it constantly :(
Citroen relay - Citroen relay 2.2hdi nightmare with cutting out - Peter.N.

Is it the fuel regulator on the pump you have changed or the rail?

Citroen relay - Citroen relay 2.2hdi nightmare with cutting out - injection doc

common problem with fuel rail pressure problem caused by blocked fuel filter !

We had fleets of these and 1.6HDis that were blocking in as little as 1800 miles between changes YES 1800 miles !

Citroen relay - Citroen relay 2.2hdi nightmare with cutting out - Lee Jamieson
Hi, my van started cutting out every few seconds I thought I had some sort of electrical fault and was going to cost a fortune so I started changing and checking things to rule out possible problems and I started with changing the fuel filter “not thinking it would make a difference” and i only primed the van once (turning key to position 2) and it started first time and hasn’t cut out since. From now on I’m going to buy a spare fuel filter to carry in the van at all times. Thanks for the help, these sorts of forums are great, they have helped me a lot over the years.
Citroen relay - Citroen relay 2.2hdi nightmare with cutting out - 3uga

Had the same issue on a focus 1.6 diesel from 2008. The damn fuel filters were no less than 45 euros at the time so I changed a first and broke open the old one. Evenn a tini drop of watter can chlog the filter.

On my next issues i started to rinse it out with petrol and the conect to ab air copressor for 2-3 hours at 1 bar. Id did it for me like 25000km untill I changed it for a clean one

Citroen relay - Citroen relay 2.2hdi nightmare with cutting out - Stuart McLeod

Same problem as you found break in earth cable at battery works perfect now