1996 Peugeot 106 XND - Leaking Fuel Pump - 964Ste

The fuel pump on my P Reg 1.5 Diesel Peugeot 106 is leaking fuel- looks like from near where the pulley for the cam belt etc attaches. My car has an immobiliser key pad which links to the pump. Is it possible to replace the fuel pump and re-program the new pump, or must the replacement fuel pump come with its code?

I asked one breaker if his pump came with the immobilizer code and he said i would have to "take the solenoid off the end", but i don't really understand and don't want to throw good money after bad... Thanks

The car is only worth a couple of hundred £ so i just need to work out whether its worth trying to fix.

Additional info- the fuel pump on the car is a Lucas, mileage is 117,000 , have been running it mainly on bio diesel (2 stage refined) for just under 3 years, and add Redex fuel system additive. Mechanically, the rest of the car is spot on.

Many thanks

Read more: http://www.diynot.com/forums/automotive-repairs/peugeot-106-diesel-15-fuel-pump-leak-1996.393486/#3029037#ixzz2tJ8mTatJ
1996 Peugeot 106 XND - Leaking Fuel Pump - elekie&a/c doctor

It is possible to remove the immobiliser part of the pump if you want to fit a s/hand unit,but this needs to be done before the unit is fitted onto the engine.It is located behind the metal security shield ,at the rear of pump.

1996 Peugeot 106 XND - Leaking Fuel Pump - 964Ste

Ok thanks very much!