ford focus 1.6 tdci 2008 - engine malfunction - donnycarper

Hi, today my focus 1.6 tdci 2008 model came up with engine malfunction causing it to go into limp mode, now the dpf was removed over a year ago and had a new turbo fitted along with new oil feed pipes new banjo bolts and new oil pick pipe in the sump it also had an engine flush. All has been fine until todays limp mode, the aa came out but could not find any fault codes. I have just drove the car to the shop in limp but when I drove home it was out of limp mode and all power was back as usual. Do you think its suffering with faulty glow plugs or glow plug relay? Thanks in advance Darren

Edited by donnycarper on 28/01/2014 at 20:51

ford focus 1.6 tdci 2008 - engine malfunction - elekie&a/c doctor

Forget the glow plugs.I would start by replacing the diesel fuel filter.

ford focus 1.6 tdci 2008 - engine malfunction - skidpan

Personally i wouldn't spend much on the car until the DPF has been replaced. As of 01 Jan this year its an MOT fail if any of the factory fit emmision kit is missing.

ford focus 1.6 tdci 2008 - engine malfunction - 3puddings

My focus had the same issue when under load it would suddenly go into limp mode but reset itself when restated. I chenaged the fuel filter and during the course of this work found that there was a leak in the fuel line after injector 3 allowing air in. I replaced this and have had no problems since then.

Though i completely agree with the previous comment about putting the DPF back in, as the previous time I had a loss of power was when the EGR was clogged up and that cost me to replace, also ended up blowing the turbo during the forced regen. Why did you take the DPF out? topping up the dpf resiviour is a 5 minute job and the fluid only costs about 40 quid for a litre, and doing that will keep your engine healthy.

ford focus 1.6 tdci 2008 - engine malfunction - Collos25

Is not having a DPF part of the new UK MOT.

ford focus 1.6 tdci 2008 - engine malfunction - skidpan

Is not having a DPF part of the new UK MOT.

It is now. If a DPF was part of the factory fit equipment it must be present when the car is taken for an MOT.