VW polo mk5 - Buying from Europe - mcgraw

I cannot find any previous discussion on this subject.

I would like to see what price a new vw polo mk5 petrol dsg rhdrive would cost from one of the near continental countries.

What is the best way to find out, and to deal with the purchase?

Thanks
Mcgraw

VW polo mk5 - Buying from Europe - skidpan

Don't think there are many bargains to be had today like there were years ago, exchange rates and all that.

Your best bet is to buy through a reputable broker, carfile.net and drive the deal are the ones I have dealt with or would consider dealing with. They take no money off you, just pass your deatils to thier dealer. Pay dealer on delivery. Simples.

Thanks for the info. I am probably out of touch.

M

VW polo mk5 - Buying from Europe - Armitage Shanks {p}

These people have been in business for a long time and here is a link to their POLO prices

www.broadspeed.com/new_cars/Volkswagen/Polo/

Edited by Armitage Shanks {p} on 28/01/2014 at 15:51

VW polo mk5 - Buying from Europe - skidpan

Very nearly bought a car from Broadspeed several years ago, went well until the dealer I was introduced to turned out to be one of those who would never return calls, e-mails or confirm a delivery date in writing. Luckilly I found out before I gave them any money. Broadspeed were quite apologetic but never provided the details of another dealer as promised. Took the quote to our local dealer who matched it, result.

When I bought a new car 6 months ago gave them another try, not only was their web price quite a bit higher than carfile and drivethedeal but now they wanted an introduction fee before they would even let you discuss a purchase.

Not for me.

VW polo mk5 - Buying from Europe - Collos25

They are slightly cheaper in Germany than the UK but they have German spec and of course LHD if you were to order a RHD with UK spec it would be far more expensive than buying in the UK.

Thanks to all who replied/ Food for thought.

M