A Proton I Would Buy - daveyK_UK

Not sure if many of you will be interested,

but Proton are now selling a re-bagged Honda Accord.

With the lack of big petrol engine saloons around, if they brought this to the UK at the right price I would be seriously tempted.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proton_Perdana_(second_generation)

if Proton are serious about re-launching in the UK in 2014, then they need this kind of product to put some confidence in the brand.

Edited by daveyK_UK on 28/01/2014 at 00:52

A Proton I Would Buy - Auristocrat

Initial production will be to supply the Malaysian Government, and then within two years, the domestic market.

Based on the last generation of the American Accord.

Problem for Proton would be that D-sector cars are no longer big sellers, and in the UK, this sector is dominated by BMW now.

How many Suzuki Kizashis or Kia Optimas does one see?

Proton are said to be concentrating their UK activities on the Preve/Suprima S (C sector), Exora (MPV) and Proton 'Global Small Car' (B sector).

A Proton I Would Buy - gordonbennet

Protons make excellent used buys, daughters chap bought a Wira last year with 12 months ticket on it for the grand total of £250, looked OK and ran well.

Total expenditure in running costs , apart from petrol and standing charges, was £15 for a set of brake pads for the duration, car thrashed mercilessly.

12 months later he's just got £150 for it from the scrappy.

A lot to be said for buying the wrong badge used, job to beat £115 for a years motoring.

A Proton I Would Buy - groaver

I see it is the North American Accord which is quite a different beast to the one that we know.

tinyurl.com/ooqfyg2

A Proton I Would Buy - daveyK_UK

Either way, it would be Protons best model to date and would put real confidence in one of their products.

A Proton I Would Buy - groaver

For ~£13k new, I'd consider one.