nissan qashqai 1.5 diesel. - Delphi Oil - sparky100

Hi, has anybody ever used Delphi oil on a qashqai 1.5 diesel. I haven't heard of it before, but came up on a website i was looking at. It's 5w40 c3 fully synetic. Is it made by one of the big oil companies. Thank's for any info. Sparky100.

Sorry about all the posts, for some reason my computer said they were not being accepted, and i kept on trying to post. Sparky100.

nissan qashqai 1.5 diesel. - Delphi Oil - Collos25

Delphi has been going for many many years.

nissan qashqai 1.5 diesel. - Delphi Oil - skidpan

Providing it is the correct viscosity and ACEA spec it will be fine.

Thank's for the replies. In the service book it say's for the k9k engine which i have, only Nissan oil should be used 5w30 with low saps. i've never heard of low saps before. Why don't they give a reference number to all these different oils and make it easy for everyone to identify which particulate one you need for your vechile. But i suppose that would be in a ideal world. Sparky100.

nissan qashqai 1.5 diesel. - Delphi Oil - Cyd

well.....if the car is spec'd for 5W30 and the Delphi stuff is 5W40, then it's NOT the right oil for the car.......

This is a good deal if you don't mind buying 25l at a time:
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/260396751534?ssPageName=STRK:ME...9

nissan qashqai 1.5 diesel. - Delphi Oil - RT

Low saps is an ACEA-C3 oil very common now for diesels with DPF's.

As above, if Nissan say 5W-30 don't use 5W-40.

Edited by RT on 18/01/2014 at 16:37

nissan qashqai 1.5 diesel. - Delphi Oil - xtrailman

Why not use 5-40? It still offers the same protection, but over a wider temperature range.

Why not use 5-40? It still offers the same protection, but over a wider temperature range.

Because at engine operating temperature, 5W-40 is more viscous than the engine is designed for, ie 5W-30

In the same way that a 5W-20 wouldn't be viscous enough at operating temperature.

At operating temperature only the hot figure is relevant, ie 30.

Edited by RT on 18/01/2014 at 19:01

nissan qashqai 1.5 diesel. - Delphi Oil - Cyd

That cannot be a serious question, surely?

nissan qashqai 1.5 diesel. - Delphi Oil - Collos25

I think it can because the answers given above are wrong.

I think it can because the answers given above are wrong.

Then please give the correct answer !!

Edited by RT on 18/01/2014 at 20:38

This is castrols advice.

http://www.castrol.com/castrol/sectionbodycopy.do?category**=9024084&contentId=7073092

Note a 0-30 can be used.

I would stick to taking the pros recommendations, but still think there is an augument for using a 5-40 for a car that does lots of motorway miles with lots of miles on the engine.

It will provide more pressure at higher temperatures, and reduce oil consumption, possibly with a small fuel increase.

"Alternative recommendations: Magnatec 5W-30 A1; EDGE 0W-30 A5/B5 / Magnatec 5W-30 A1; Magnatec 5W-30 A1"

"

Edited by xtrailman on 18/01/2014 at 22:34

Also this site gives an alternative of 0-40

http://www.mobil.co.uk/UK-English-LCW/carengineoils_which-oil.aspx

By the way i'm not claiming to be an expert on oils, but i have done my own oil changes a very long time ago, when we would use a different oil for summer and winter, i realise with todays engines one has to be very careful which oil to use.

Summer and winter don't need different oil ratings, at least not different hot rating.

For a long time now I've been prepared, indeed prefer, to reduce the cold rating as low as possible while retaining the recommended hot rating - instead of 10W-40 I used 0W-40 and now use 0W-30 instead of 5W-30.

The lower the cold rating, the quicker the oil circulates during the start-up phase - and as most wear occurs during the start-up phase, this reduces wear. I'd rather reduce long-term wear than oil consumption, not that it's much different.

Engine designers and oil chemists have realised that modern engines used in road cars (not track cars) all run at about the same internal temperature and that a -30 oil is right in these conditions for modern engines (it was -40 for older engine designs). It seems not to matter on a fully warmed up engine whether that's Canada in winter or Mexico in summer - cold rating for start-ups is likely to be different between the two extremes though. Europe is similar between northern Scandinavia in winter and the Meditterranean in summer.

So youre claiming the engine oil temperature will be the same, in Canada in winter and Mexico in summer, i dont think so.

And you also seem to have ignored the 0-40 recommened by Mobil?

Edited by xtrailman on 19/01/2014 at 08:35

So youre claiming the engine oil temperature will be the same, in Canada in winter and Mexico in summer, i dont think so.

And you also seem to have ignored the 0-40 recommended by Mobil?

For my car in the UK, Castrol recommend 5W-30 and give the following :-

Alternative recommendations: -30°C to 10°C, 0W-30; -20°C to 40°C, 10W-30

Interestingly, Castrol get the maximum change interval wrong - specifying 20,000 km instead of 20,000 miles.

Older engines may get different recommendations

nissan qashqai 1.5 diesel. - Delphi Oil - gordonbennet
Interestingly, Castrol get the maximum change interval wrong - specifying 20,000 km instead of 20,000 miles.

Or maybe they play to the current servicing fashion here, who to please the fleet market extend services as long as possible (who cares it'll be out of warranty when the downside becomes apparent), Toyota state 9k service intervals on Hilux...but where km's are used it's also 9k.

Handbooks are usually quite illuminating about oil requirements, whilst 5/30 may be the preferred spec (and happens to be juicily priced at the main dealer for their own Gucci brand), combinations from 0 to 40W come into recommended specs for nearly all, this includes DPF equipped Diesels too.

nissan qashqai 1.5 diesel. - Delphi Oil - Wackyracer

Isn't 20,000kms less than 20,000miles GB ? 1.609 kms to 1 mile?

That does not excuse, Toyota though.

As I have said before on other threads, The oil viscosity is linked to Ambient temperatures (always has been even during monograde days, When we changed to a thinner oil for winter and thicker for summer)

The general charts say 30 weight is ok upto about +45 Ambient and 40 weight upto +50.

If you look at recommended oils for Australia they often are 20w50 or 20w60.

nissan qashqai 1.5 diesel. - Delphi Oil - gordonbennet

Isn't 20,000kms less than 20,000miles GB ? 1.609 kms to 1 mile?

That does not excuse, Toyota though.

Yes thats what i meant, for rest of world AFAIK Toyota recommended 9k kms service intervals, yet the same for UK in miles...that struck me as wrong and playing to current industry fashion/marketing, if it was designed and recommended for 5.5k'ish miles oil changes then so be it.

When i ran mine i was a member of an Aussie Hilux forum, very useful that was too for info which reached their shores faster than here, most posters there fairly conservative and few believed in leaving oil in even for the full 9k kms, i think most were using 5w 40 all year round which was my choice anyway, and mine always got a half way point change anyway made easy as pie with a Fumoto oil drain valve.

If you look at recommended oils for Australia they often are 20w50 or 20w60.

I looked at Castrol recommendations in UK and Australia for Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2CRDi R-series - it's 5W-30 ACEA-C3 for the UK and 5W-30 ACEA-B4 for Australia.

The reason for the difference in ACEA grade is that UK versions have a DPF, Australian version don't - otherwise the engines are identical.

Older engines may be different.

As far as i'm aware the Austrailian version of the Mazda CX-5 does have a DPF.

They were the ones who had the oil rising issues first due to excessive timed regens, there are lots of posts in the early threads about this issue on whirlpool, now resolved, so dont bother looking at part 5, but around part 2-3.

Edited by xtrailman on 19/01/2014 at 13:00

nissan qashqai 1.5 diesel. - Delphi Oil - quizman

We don't know which model the OP has got exactly. For some Qashquai models Edge 5W-30 is recommended.

Have a look at this www.castrol.com/castrol/sectionbodycopy.do?category**=3205&contentId=7072854

Sorry, this limk won't work. Have a look at the castrol.com site and you will find out what you want.

I would go with what Nissan say, not the "experts" on here!

Edited by quizman on 19/01/2014 at 13:17

K9K is the OP's engine, if you read all the posts you would know this, plus the fact the non expert myself as already suggested the OP takes Nissans advise.

Yes sorry about the link, i realised it wouldnt work, but assumed most could figure out themselves how to arrive at the correct page, for the k9k engine.

I've just had a look at the Mobil page and it says to use a 5W-30, so my advice to use Castrol Edge 5W-30 would seem to be the correct. Also the Delphi oil the OP mentioned should be OK, it is C2.

Having read this forum for many years I know a lot of folk do not know how to arrive at the correct page of anything, or they wouldn't ask us.

Sorry I missed the engine code, I will have to concentrate better.

Edited by quizman on 20/01/2014 at 18:10

This thread seem's to have got people talking. I've just seen on Amazon website a 20 litre can ( 4x5 litres) of GM fully synthetic long life 5w 30. dexos2. acea a3 / b4 /c3. api cf / sm. Priced at £73.99 delivered. Seem's very good value. Would this be suitable for the k9k engine with dpf. Thank's. Sparky100.

Yes, it seems to have all the specifications that your car needs and it is a good price.