Advice for a moving company? - jay_vi

Hello guys. I'm not entirely sure this is the right place to ask but it's what I came across in a short notice, so I'll just go ahead.

It's been quite some time now and I am still unable to convince myself in a trustworthy moving company that also supports storage. Yes, I've made the effort of consulting with as many people as i could. They gave me reccomendations such as getting an ordinary Man and Van assistance(not entirely sure it was called that way, because it's supposed to be 1 man, which ends up cheap.

What do you guys think? Any reccomendations? I need an answer as soon as possible please. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Avant on 10/01/2014 at 21:58

Advice for a moving company? - focussed

It depends entirely on how much stuff you want to move and how far, and how much storage for how long.

I moved from the UK to north-west France 4 years ago and used a company which did the job ok but has recently gone bust big time involving a lot of people's effects and money paid up front going missing.

If I was to do it again within the UK I would hire a vehicle and use yellow big box storage or whatever it's called. Insure all your stuff yourself, you then know it is actually insured and you are not relying on someone else doing it.

Advice for a moving company? - gordonbennet

No doubt they won't be the cheapest but try the really long established reputable movers like Pickfords and The Bishops Move, security and professionalism will be a given.

Any company still trading after umpteen years will be a fair bet.

Advice for a moving company? - jay_vi

Thanks. I'll check those guys out. Also, I've been reccomended with Bestmove since I'm not going anywhere else but London. See, the problem is, as always, I want to be swift with it. As you say, it won't happen anywhere near cheap. Going for self insurance just isn't what I had in mind. I'm still at it, still looking. Not so much as rushing or chasing a deadline, more like making sure, once I start, to get it doe safely with optional time compression. Anyways, I'll check those two you have proposed to be. Tell me if the one I pointed out above is any good or not, would appreciate not having controvercy in opinions flying around my head.

(Link removed - it might otherwise look as if you were trying for free advertising. Perish the thought....)

Edited by Avant on 13/01/2014 at 20:59