Ford fiesta 1.4tdci - Clutch slipping - reemus1
The clutch and flywheel etc was replaced about 1 and half years ago,the car has done about 8000 miles and the clutch has started to slip I think?,about a month ago I started to lose power and I kept getting error with the display screen flashing with a loss of power but if I stopped and turned the key off and back again it's normal but now it's loss of power with high revs,no flashing on screen with loss of power,could it really be the clutch going at such low miles of 7000?.Thanks
Ford fiesta 1.4tdci - Clutch slipping - oldroverboy.

Suggest you check your oil, but not sure if fords push unused diesel into the sump in case of failed regeneration. I think your problems are more to do with the diesel particulate filter and/or egr maf. the clue for me is 8000 miles in a long period Short runs perhaps? in a diesel.

easy enough to check if the clutch slipping, i am sure someone more competent than me can tell you how exactly, but in gear, hand brake ON and release clutch with foot also giving a few revs..... but any indy will soon check the clutch for you and may only charge you a tenner or so for the opinion. if in doubt go to national tyres/kwikfit/mr clutch and they will have alook and you can get a quote, but there is more to it as you won;t get an error message for clutch slip on a fiesta.

also check technical here and the fiesta forums...

Good luck

Ford fiesta 1.4tdci - Clutch slipping - Armitage Shanks {p}

Get the car to about 30 mph on a level road, change into top gear and try to accelerate hard. If the clutch is going to slip these are the cirumstances in which it will happen

Ford fiesta 1.4tdci - Clutch slipping - bathtub tom

I'll add, accelerate hard in top gear, briefly dip and release the clutch pedal whilst still flooring the throttle. The revs should drop instantly, if they 'slur' then you've got a clutch on its way out, or needs adjusting.

Ford fiesta 1.4tdci - Clutch slipping - Peter.N.

Watch the rev counter when you are driving uphill, if the clutch is slipping the revs will increase without the speed increasing.

Ford fiesta 1.4tdci - Clutch slipping - Collos25

Put the parking brake on fully set of in second gear it should stall if the clutch is ok.