Ford mondeo ghia diesel 51 reg - Stutters/jerks and cuts out - troubledbtford
Hi All,

I hope someone can help me.

I bought this car couple of months back for 1500. The car has donee 112000 so far and seemed fine.

Lately car started stuttering and jerking while driving so I pulled on hard shoulder on m25 and the engine cut out.
The car did not start for 15 mins then started again but I thought I will wait for green flag road side assistance recovery just to check because it did not feel safe.

Apparently recovery said there is nothing they can do as the car has started and is working so I drove on but felt the power was less.

The car started stuttering and did cut out again so this time i called rac and they diagnosed it and said it can be fixed and the codes are p0149 and p1546

So eventually got recovered from Newcastle to london by rac. Took the car to garage on return and apparently the inlet turbo pipe was split and garage replaced it at a cost of 190.

Car did run fine for few miles but as soon as I hit 40 then it slowly started the stutter again and I pulled it on the side of road and turned the engine off and it refused to start for few minutes the started again so I drive back home and took it to garage.

Now the garage said that the new error code is p0148 and this is do with pump inside the fuel tank and will cost 300. Garage also said after this there could be other issues too.

This second diagnosis costed me 40 and now I am not sure if I should repair it or sell it or scrap it . It seems like repair is going to cost almost 50% of the price I paid for car.

So the question is did some one have same issue and did changing the pump inside the tank fixit or are there any other things I should consider changing before or should I just sell it or scrap it.

Please help.

Ford mondeo ghia diesel 51 reg - Stutters/jerks and cuts out - elekie&a/c doctor
There is no fuel pump in the tank on this model.Change the filter before spending any more money.Is this a tddi or tdci model?
Thanks for the info.

I am not even sure if it is tdci or tddi .
Will get the garage to check and change fuel filter.

I am not sure if I can buy and change the filter myself ....my first car and don't much about cars.....
Hi

Did check the reg document and it is tddi
Checked yesterday with other garage and no error codes .. Sold the car today albeit for less price coz I did tell the buyer about the issue and the recent inlet change....