Mercedes-Benz C220 CDi Estate 2011 - Comand Problem - lilley

I have had the same CD in playing happily for a week. This afternnoon it started then towards the end of the track the unit switched off completely then restarted, playing from towards the start of the same track and reading 'disc loading'. This it continued to do. I cannot get it to change tracks or change to radio or access the sat-nav. It is well and truly jammed.

When it is light and the gales have stopped I will try disconnecting the unit then after a period to reconnect.

Will this work please? Or any other advise please? It is under warranty so after Christmas it will be down to the supplying dealer if it is still not working.

Mercedes-Benz C220 CDi Estate 2011 - Comand Problem - elekie&a/c doctor

Don't waste your time trying to get the unit out.Disconnect the battery for 10 mins.This will do the same job without the grief.Battery in the boot on this model.(some have it in the engine bay)hth

Mercedes-Benz C220 CDi Estate 2011 - Comand Problem - Collos25

If this model has two batteries on large conventional and one small hidden away disconnecting the battery will have zero effect.Most "C" classes hav only one battery but some have two its also very easy to take the power of the comand system its probably easier than disconnecting the battery espcially if its raining .

Would pulling a fuse our be the answer? I have looked in the instructions haave yet to find a schedule of fuses, possibly inside the fuse box lids, but which lid? This is not the evening to start! The car has two batteries, the main one in under the bonnet, the stop/start has one in the boot.

What would Collos25 do to disconnect the Comand unit? If is a fuse I would be pleased to hear which one and where. There is not a key for the fuses in the fuse box lid, nor in the instruction book.

Mercedes-Benz C220 CDi Estate 2011 - Comand Problem - Collos25

There should be two fuse panels with list on paper inside the covers if these have been lost refer to the manual,the removal of the comand unit is not hard first you must remove the centre air vents two screws inside the unit you need a small screwdriver to release the clips to raise the airvents upwards to access the screws the trim is just push fit remove the centre trim round the gear lever the ashtray and the comand unit is held in by four screws.If you have a small hand you can remove the plug the radio without removing anything.

Edited by Collos25 on 28/12/2013 at 17:51

The car is still in warranty, it is going to Jacksons (the supplying dealer) tomorrow for an initial investigation. I was going to have a go at rebooting it as a long-shot. I have had the car from new. There is no details of the fuses and relays inside the fuse boxes, either embossed or adhering. There is not a schedule in the instruction manuals either. I think perhaps M-B do not want you to touch anything!

The car is still in warranty, it is going to Jacksons (the supplying dealer) tomorrow for an initial investigation. I was going to have a go at rebooting it as a long-shot. I have had the car from new. There is no details of the fuses and relays inside the fuse boxes, either embossed or adhering. There is not a schedule in the instruction manuals either. I think perhaps M-B do not want you to touch anything!