VW Beetle TDi - ashley thomas
Hi all,

I would like to know if VW make a Beetle TDi ? I know they are not available in this country, but do they make them in Germany ? and if so, are they planning to sell them in this country ?

I know that diesel is not the preferred choice but with the fuel costs as they are i am looking at fuel economy rather than outright performance !

Regards,

Ash.
RE: VW Beetle TDi - honestjohn
Why bother?

HJ
RE: VW Beetle TDi - Ashley Thomas
Hi all,

John, i like VW's and i'm a diesel fan. I think the Beetle is one of the most individual looking cars on our roads. There is nothing out there like them !

I have spoken to Andy Bairsto and he has given me his advice, as he obviously knows more about VW's than i do. His words were " buy a Golf TDi ". I most probably will !

Regards,

Ash.

p.s. I have never known HJ to be wrong yet ! Be it on the 'net or the tabloids.
RE: VW Beetle TDi - honestjohn
Dear Ash,

The trouble is, the new front drive Beetle is a lousy drive. It doesn't handle nearly as well as a modern Ford, You feel like you're driving a windscreen frame (you have no idea where the front wheels are), and it's impossible to park. If you like retro looks, the Chrysler PT Cruiser is streets ahead. It dose offer a good drive, it is easy to park and it turns a lot more heads than a front drive Beetle. Strange thing is, both the Beetle and the PT Cruiser are built in the same country: Mexico.

HJ