ford fiesta mk6 year 2002 - dashboard lights not working - chrisb1783

i have a ford fiesta mk6 year 2002 (5 door). its my first car and i have noticed that when i turn on my healights either the side lights or main they fully work but there is no indication of them working on my dashboard.

im not 100% sure what other symbols i could be missing either now. the fog light symbol shows when i have the fog light on, the indicators show as working when operated, but the headlights just will not show up even though they are working.

im totally new to the driving scene and know nothing about cars, but im hoping i can gather some information on this in a how to solve it in a simple way, before any garage try to bump me off with something.

any input will be great

thank you

ford fiesta mk6 year 2002 - dashboard lights not working - davidm5575

does your speedo/instrument cluster light up when you turn on your sidelights or dipped lights?

iirc you dont get a sign saying there on only a blue one when your highbeams are on?

i may be wrong though

ford fiesta mk6 year 2002 - dashboard lights not working - Avant

Moved to Technical.

ford fiesta mk6 year 2002 - dashboard lights not working - chrisb1783

it seems as though there is no "green light symbol" to show that the headlights/sidelights are on. the only way to tell is that the whole dashboard lights up!

i was quoted so many prices from various people and got so many answers from the local garages.

answers included things such as: they are not bulbs in there, its LED and that would mean replacing the whole dash unit meaning i would lose all my mileage and get a different reading if a 2nd hand one was installed.

another said it can be done but its not worth it as its not a MOT fail because the full beam headlight symbol works and the fog light symbol works.

and a classic one from fords themself: it will cost £415.00 to get a new board fitted and reset to my electrics, that price i would never be able to afford!

after more researching and loacting a handbook it shows a image in the book of my dash and the symbols and there is nothing there to show the headlights, meaning the other garage centre was right after all, there si no symbol only way to know is that the speedo and all the display lights up.