Vauxhall/Astra - Astra 1.6 non starter - liefy

Hi,

I have a 2006 Astra 1.6 petrol. I was driving it for a couple months with the engine electronics light (car with spanner) illuminated on the dashboard. I got the fault codes cleared but the light came back. Because it didn't affect performance I continued to drive and intended to get it looked at in next service.

Two weeks ago it wouldn't start. It cranks/turns over but didn't start.

I got it to a local garage and they said the light on the dashboard was because of the fault code P1113 - caused by a sensor in the induciton manifold and that you need to change the manifold to fix the fault code. They also said this was the cause of the car not starting.

We tried to get a used part but with no luck, so I had to fork out £400 for a new induction manifold flange. This was fitted two days ago and they did a full service at the same time. The car sarted and no light on the dash.

Today, however, it wouldn't start again! Exactly the same - it turns over but doesn't start.

I'm really confused now about why it isn't starting.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Vauxhall/Astra - Astra 1.6 non starter - elekie&a/c doctor

This fault code logged is related to the inlet manifold air induction flaps,but this will not cause the car to not start.I think this is a typical scenario where the garage has not really evaluated the problem against the fault code logged.Take it to a garage that has a little more in depth understanding of diagnostics.hth

Vauxhall/Astra - Astra 1.6 non starter - liefy

Thanks for your reply.

I did have some doubts about whether the fault code problem related to the inlet manifold was the cause of the car not starting.

After the manifold flange was changed though it did work for a couple of days. Could that just be coincidence?

Vauxhall/Astra - Astra 1.6 non starter - elekie&a/c doctor

I the first paragraph of your original post sums it up.The light was on ,due to a defect manifold flap,but it drove ok.The non start is a different problem .The fact it drove ok for a couple of days is coincidental.hth