Peugeot 307 sw 136bhp 06 model - Key Fob stopped working when in ignition. - Bashsu01

My problem began when I tried starting the car with the main key fob. On turning the key in the ignition an audible alarm sounded and the engine would not start the car. It still worked the remote locking but not in the ignition. I was told the key fob battery might need changing so i changed it, but no different. I have also tried reprogramming the key fob but it is still the same.

As luck had it I tried the spare and the car started so I stuck with that one, it doesn't work the central locking but I can live with that.

The problem is that the same alarm is sounding virtually every day now with the spare key fob turning the engine over. So I know its only a matter of time before it stops working when in the ignition altogether...

Any Ideas would be very helpfull please...

Peugeot 307 sw 136bhp 06 model - Key Fob stopped working when in ignition. - Gibbo_Wirral

What are the condition of the batteries in the fobs? Reset all your keys and perform a BSI reset on the car.