Ford Focus - nearly new purchase - mileage issue - Lou1977

Bought a 62 plate focus 6 days ago but only just noticed that the mileage on the finance agreement is signiifcantly lower than the mileage when I picked the car up - around 500 less. The car was purchased thru a ford dealership via a 6000 mile options agreement.

I was also assured that the car had had its first service and now checking the servcie book it is down as being serviced more than 3 months ago with a mileage of more than 500 more than that on the finance agreement. The service book is not the original so I'm thinking that the service may not have taken place

I'm pretty sure that the finance agreement was correct when I test drove the car 4 days before picking it up

Any ideas on where I stand regarding this

Ford Focus - nearly new purchase - mileage issue - tony g

hi lou

Im not sure that fact that your car ,has apparently done 500 miles more than it says on your agreement , is an issue .For it to be a problem you would have to argue that you have sustained a reduction in value of the car .

There is no reduction in value ,the mileage difference is insignificant .

With regard to the service history ,ask the dealer for a copy of the invoice from when the car had its first service ,to confirm that the service was done .

IMO ,what you have is a sales department that is to lazy ,or to busy ,to get the information 100% right on the finance agreement and there own corresponding paperwork .Ive worked in main dealers and what your describing is not unusual .

Ford Focus - nearly new purchase - mileage issue - NARU

hi lou

Im not sure that fact that your car ,has apparently done 500 miles more than it says on your agreement , is an issue .

It is if the car is on PCP and you anticipate handing it back

(It is if the car is on PCP and you anticipate handing it back)

IF ,it gets to be an issue ,you have to presume that the mileage will exceed 6000 to activate the additional mileage clause .If it did the excess mileage charge would be £30 , 500 x 6p .Insignificant to all but the pedantic

thanks tony

pretty sure that the finance agreemnent mileage was actually correct and between me agreeing to purchase the car and picking it up someone has put the extra 500 miles on the car

the orignal finance mileage was just above 6000.

it also irks that the agreement was an options agreement based 6000 mile pa with an excess mileage charge of 6p per mile

In terms of the service the car was just one year old a couple of weeks before the purchase date so it seems strange that the service was done nearly 3 months ago - my fear is they have just stamped a blank service book and the service didnt happen

( In terms of the service the car was just one year old a couple of weeks before the purchase date so it seems strange that the service was done nearly 3 months ago - my fear is they have just stamped a blank service book and the service didnt happen )

You have to ask for a copy of the service invoice ,if the car wasn't serviced ,the manufacturers warranty may be invalid .

cheers tony

take your point on the money side - was more worried about how the car has been driven when technically it was my property.

they have stamped the service book in the pre-delivery and inspection and service record section - its been recorded on on computer not sure whose though as the service was done by a neighbouring garage in the same dealership and I phoned to check