Skoda Octavia Estate / Vauxhall insignia - 1.4tsi Octavia or 1.4T Insignia - Gonzaga
In the market for a 2nd hand car and torn between both of these. I've heard the Octavia is better Mechanically but prefer the looks of the Insignia. Got a budget of approx 11k. Any thoughts?
Skoda Octavia Estate / Vauxhall insignia - 1.4tsi Octavia or 1.4T Insignia - daveyjp
I would drive both, including plenty of tight manouvering. The only person I know who had an Insignia said it was one of the worst cars he had ever had for parking, judging the corners was difficult as view out of the rear quarters was very restricted.
Skoda Octavia Estate / Vauxhall insignia - 1.4tsi Octavia or 1.4T Insignia - gordonbennet

Agree with that and those silly little mirrors are badly positioned, you have very little useable manoeuvering vision, you cannot possibly see where the rear tyres are from the mirrors.

Huge car too, but then all cars are getting seriously bloated as each model is replaced.

Skoda Octavia Estate / Vauxhall insignia - 1.4tsi Octavia or 1.4T Insignia - oldroverboy.

A 1.4 turbo insignia. OMG please please don,t. a big heavy car on a dinkly little turbo engine. For your budget you can get something slightly smaller and more economical. My cruze saloon 1.6 petrol is roomy, plenty of room in boot, room for full size spare, cheap to run, cheap to service (service bits same as vauxhall)

No exoerience of the octavia but suggest you read octavia forums.

Skoda Octavia Estate / Vauxhall insignia - 1.4tsi Octavia or 1.4T Insignia - oldtoffee

Assuming you need an estate for load lugging, check that the Insignia's compromised narrower load entry space will be ok otherwise the more square Octavia may suit. Both will be fine with 1.4 turbo engines if you accept the manufacturers mpg will be completely unachievable and you don't do a load of miles towing a shed.

Skoda Octavia Estate / Vauxhall insignia - 1.4tsi Octavia or 1.4T Insignia - daveyK_UK
1.8 toyota avensis estate?
Skoda Octavia Estate / Vauxhall insignia - 1.4tsi Octavia or 1.4T Insignia - coopshere
Second the Avensis, good value for money and economical for a petrol engined car of that size.