Vw Golf 2001 - Golf IV, Heater control knob stuck - Mr Fox

Friend has an old VW Golf, car is all is OK apart from the heater control knob is stuck in position, between demist and vents which means it cannot be moved to operate the demist function.

Will be a big problem come winter.

We can't see any obvious way to remove all the radio, vents, tray and stuff in the centre console, to investigate.

Any idea where to start ?

Thanks !

Vw Golf 2001 - Golf IV, Heater control knob stuck - elekie&a/c doctor
I doubt very much if the problem is with the control panel.It is more likely that the problem is with the flap and/or cable linkage to the heater box.This will prevent the control from moving smoothly.The heater panel is easy to remove.Carefully prise off the fascia of the panel,no need to remove knobs,you will then see 4screws holding it to the dash.Push it back to access the cables.hth
Vw Golf 2001 - Golf IV, Heater control knob stuck - Mr Fox
I doubt very much if the problem is with the control panel.It is more likely that the problem is with the flap and/or cable linkage to the heater box.This will prevent the control from moving smoothly.The heater panel is easy to remove.Carefully prise off the fascia of the panel,no need to remove knobs,you will then see 4screws holding it to the dash.Push it back to access the cables.hth

Thanks I'll have a look at that later !