Vauxhall Corsa D - MOT fail - chasj

My Corsa went in for its first MOT,25,000 miles full service history.It failed due to 001 Nearside Macpherson strut has excessive movement at the upper attachment [2.5.A.1c].

I took it back to the Vauxhall dealer who checked,all OK they said and gave me a letter.

The MOT station wouldn't accept this so I booked in for a second MOT with the Vauxhall dealer,Baylis, it passed. Not happy I contacted VOSA,following a meeting they agreed with Vauxhall because ofwhat Vauxhall said.

At that meeting several Corsa D were on ramps even a new one had differing amounts of movent side to side.

The original station,at their expense, obtained new components from Vauxhall and fitted.

The result,still differeing movement side to side,even more movement with new items than with my 3 year old ones.

Anyone else had issues?

Vauxhall Corsa D - MOT fail - Galad

My wife's 2007 Corsa D with 30k on the clock just got through MOT in July with passable movement in one of the struts. Not optimistic about next year though. Is it a weakness? Not impressed at the build quality of this car - spent 5 days in the workshop fixing sensors and frayed electrical cables before it was 12 months old and everything inside rattles and squeaks.

Vauxhall Corsa D - MOT fail - A3 A4

Some comments here, acceptable apparently, the rule of thumb is to get Vauxhall to MOT it.

http://www.ukcorsa-d.com/forum/showthread.php?49490-MoT-Fail-O-S-amp-N-S-front-Macpherson-strut-has-excessive-movement-at-upper-attachment

Vauxhall Corsa D - MOT fail - roosterbooster

the corsa d is designed to have movement in the top strut mounts with no weight on the wheels it should be checked when not jacked up! as stated on the vt40 when you log on the mot.some fords and volkswagons have a simalr design.It should only fail if freeplay is in excess of 10mm with the weight on the wheels! hope this helps