Toyota Avensis Verso - Avensis Verso Remote Security Problem - koootzz

Avensis Verso 2.0 vvti 2002

Hi

We're having a strange problem with the remote fob on the car. After a period of time (over an hour but not sure how long yet) the remote wont unlock and disarm the security. If I then unlock the door with the key and set the alarm off I can disarm with the remote. The remote will then work properly for a while then after a longer time stop working again.

Very grateful for any ideas.

Thanks

Toyota Avensis Verso - Avensis Verso Remote Security Problem - Cyd

are you parked anywhere near a transmitting station of any sort. RF interference can prevent proper operation of the fob. So too can close proximity to metal framed and/or clad buildings or even parking alongside a chain link fence.

Toyota Avensis Verso - Avensis Verso Remote Security Problem - Simon

Don't rule out the simple things, have you tried a new battery in the fob?

Toyota Avensis Verso - Avensis Verso Remote Security Problem - koootzz

Thanks for the replies, the car is parked in the same place as always, no RF transmitters that are known and the same issue occurs if we take the car out. Both remotes have had new batteries. I can't understand how the remotes will work perfectly for an hour or so after locking the car then not later on?

Toyota Avensis Verso - Avensis Verso Remote Security Problem - Cyd

Have you tried resynching the remotes - it'll tell you how in th emanual.

Toyota Avensis Verso - Avensis Verso Remote Security Problem - Paffman

Hi all,

I have a similar issue but with a 54 plate Corolla Verso. I have had the car for nearly a year, but suddenly both my reotes will not lock/unlock the car from where we have to park our car. It has worked OK since we bought it. The batteries test at just over 3 volts and I am not aware of any new WiFi transmitters etc.

BUT the thing is, the remotes work fine everywhere else and even if I reverse the car about 15 foot from where we park. It is a nusance having to use the key to lock.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Steve