Honda CRV 2.2. iDTEC - Intermittent knocking noise rear nearside wheel - Kathy

I have had this car since new in March 2012 and it now has about 16,000 miles on the clock. Over the last few months (possibly since the last service?) it has developed an intermittent knocking noise coming from the rear nearside wheel area. It occurs on most journeys to a lesser or greater extent and I cannot pin down whether it is affected by air temperature, speed, type of road surface etc. The dealership have agreed to look at it as the car is under warranty, but has said they will charge if it is due to damage. I guess in today's potholed world, that is to be expected. However has anyone else experienced anything similar or can advise as to what the noise might be due to? Many thanks

Honda CRV 2.2. iDTEC - Intermittent knocking noise rear nearside wheel - gordonbennet

I haven't a clue whats making the noise, but i can't be alone in finding the attitude of the dealer sub standard for the marque.

My first action would be to find another main dealer (small family owned or rural are usually best IMO) who's customer focus is in keeping with normal Honda/Toyota values and if they sort out your noise properly give them subsequent business when its service time and thereafter.

Honda CRV 2.2. iDTEC - Intermittent knocking noise rear nearside wheel - Galaxy

My friend owns a Honda CRV and, shortly after purchase, he experienced a knocking noise similar to the one you describe.

After a great deal of investgation on his part he finally discovered the cause of the noise was something to do with the straps/buckles (sorry, it was a couple of years ago and I can't remember the exact details) but it was something to do with straps which hold down the removeable seats.

If I were you I would very carefully check any straps which are connected with this function.

Of course, your knocking noise could be something totally different!

Edited by Galaxy on 02/09/2013 at 20:35

Honda CRV 2.2. iDTEC - Intermittent knocking noise rear nearside wheel - focussed

Rear nearside knocking. Hmmm- check that the passenger seatbelt buckle is not ratlling against the door pillar behind the seat-my Civic does it if the buckle isn't fully retracted.

Honda CRV 2.2. iDTEC - Intermittent knocking noise rear nearside wheel - Kathy

Many thanks all. I have checked the seatbelt strap as that has rattled previously and it is definitely not that, but will check the other straps as also suggested. Once I get to the bottom of the noise, I will post the cause/remedial action - presuming I do, of course! Many thanks