ford mondeo 2.0 ghia - vacume noise - moodys

hi, does any body know what a whoomp noise (like a vacume pump ) when i turn left or right , when car is stationary, also when the car has been run for a while and you restart it the rpms go up and down , and the vacume noise goes in and out with it ?, there does not seem to be loss of power steering fluids, and no other problems with driving,.. any ideas would be grateful. thanks.. the car is a 51 plate 2.0 litre ghia, this problem only seems to have started since i had a clutch and flywheel change.?

ford mondeo 2.0 ghia - vacume noise - elekie&a/c doctor

It is possible that there is an air intake/breather hose adrift from when the clutch was replaced.Lots of parts have to be removed to do a clutch on these.The other possibility is a split/collapsed engine to inlet breather hose,but this is an absolute pig to change as it requires removal of the inlet manifold.This would not be disturbed for clutch renewal.hth

thanks for the advice will get it checked out , but anything else that could be the problem ?thanks again..

thanks , but have checked hoses, all appear ok, have now been told that it has a timing chain rattle, and i might as well scrap it as the cost of removing the engine to replace the timing chain , is just not worth it ?.nobody really seems to know what the vacume noise is ,or whats causing it ?. i am not sure what to do now , as i need the car , but cant afford the cost of replacing timing chain , or replacing the engine for another one , have been quoted £370 for a engine from spares yard , but they only supply , not fit .. any help would be very usefull , .thanks..