Ford Galaxy - ford 6000cd eon code problem,car registration? - jonny the boy

please can you help my wife has just purchased a ford galaxy and as a little gift i got a ford cd player for her car,model 6000cd eon,i then paid for a code off ebay which was 8329. When the code is entered the radio comes on for a split second goes off then the display shows 'X56UOT'. Is this player locked to a vehicle with this registration if so how is it unlocked please can you help. The cd player serial number is M008635. Thank you

Ford Galaxy - ford 6000cd eon code problem,car registration? - Galaxy

please can you help my wife has just purchased a ford galaxy and as a little gift i got a ford cd player for her car,model 6000cd eon,i then paid for a code off ebay which was 8329. When the code is entered the radio comes on for a split second goes off then the display shows 'X56UOT'. Is this player locked to a vehicle with this registration if so how is it unlocked please can you help. The cd player serial number is M008635. Thank you

8329 is, indeed, the correct code for your radio.

I've never heard of a Ford car radio being locked to a registration number. However, I've just had a quick "Google" and come across this:

Some Ford 2006 radios show a car registration number or even a series of meaningless characters at switch on. If this is the case, press the SELECT button which will change the display to CODE - - - - and proceed to enter the code.

It's the only thing I can suggest, I'm afraid.

Ford Galaxy - ford 6000cd eon code problem,car registration? - jonny the boy

Ok will try again may be phone a ford dealers ask them,I googled it as well couldn't find any results,thank you