Golf mark 5 2.0 Fsi - Power loss - hoyak
Hi,

Recently when driving on the bypass, national speed limit, my car started juddering and I experienced loss of power. I pulled over and turned the Car off, waited ten minutes and the car was fine,

Today on the motorway, my car started shaking again but much worse than last time. The EPC light came on, ESP went off.. Had to coast to the hard shoulder... Waited ten minutes and drove between 50-60 and exited motorway and came home on the town roads.

I know nothing about cars and just wondered if anyone had any ideas of what it may be. I know that it's best to get it looked by a mechanic but am just doing some research in the mean time.

Any contributions appreciated
Golf mark 5 2.0 Fsi - Power loss - Mark Uxbridge
I had this problem with mine. It is a common fsi problem which featured in the June07 issue of Audi Driver magazine. The problem occurs at motorway speed under high gear at 3-4000 rpm when full throttle is applied. The full cure was supposed to be to replace the entire fuel pump/regulator, I had this & other things done but the problem still recurred. It has put me right off VW as I thought such a common problem should have resulted in a recall. Good luck.
VW phased out the engine pretty quickly.