Ford Fiesta 3dr Zetec 1.0 80ps (203 1) - Change of car ? - Dobiesmon

Hi

I have a Ford fiesta zetec 1.4 it was 3 yrs old when I got it and I have had it 4 years very happy driving but as its now 7 years thinking of changing as my finance is all but paid .

The car I have been looking at is Ford Fiesta 3dr Zetec 1.0 80ps ( 2013 )

sales person tells me it is the new eco engine but not turbo no rd tax better on petrol cheaper on insurance .

I would use it for shopping, running around not a lot of motorway .

my problem is the car like the sales person says on what you get to the gallon is it nippy and I would have to take it out on options as first 2 years are low rates .

any thoughts

Ford Fiesta 3dr Zetec 1.0 80ps (203 1) - Change of car ? - 72 dudes

The non turbo 1.0 engine will be nippy enough around town and would keep up with the flow on A roads.

It's known to be a smooth quiet performer too, but it is nowhere near as economical as the EC fuel consumption figures suggest. Around town, it will be slightly better on fuel than your older 1.4, but don't expect miracles!

You should ask for a proper test drive to make your own mind up, but on the face of it, it would a good replacement for your car.

Ford Fiesta 3dr Zetec 1.0 80ps (203 1) - Change of car ? - jc2

Just bought a new Fiesta 3 dr.Zetec but with the 1.25 motor-well pleased.

Ford Fiesta 3dr Zetec 1.0 80ps (203 1) - Change of car ? - I Want That Car!

IF you need help finding a car to meet your needs and want some useful advice then our TV show may be the place for you.

I Want That Car is a brand new consumer based car show for ITV 4. Motoring experts Mat Watson and Rebecca Jackson help used car buyers get a great deal on used cars as well as giving them useful help and advice.

We are filming across the summer at iconic race locations, if you are interested in a fun day out with the chance to buy a fabulous used car then get in touch today.

iwantthatcar 'at' daisybeckstudios.com

Hi

Thanks for getting back to me

Would it struggle if on the motorway is the1.0-litre EcoBoost worth the extra £500 I would want to keep it .

I did look at the 1.25 but I thought it would only save a little bit as its like my 1.4

Ford Fiesta 3dr Zetec 1.0 80ps (203 1) - Change of car ? - Sulphur Man

It might not match the 1.0 engine for emissions, but the Ford/Yamaha 1.25 has always been a very likeable engine, and very well proven, which is why Ford still sell it.

If you're annual mileage is low, and the discount is substantial compared to the 1.0, then it might make more sense.

I wonder what service costs are for 1.0 and 1.25?

I agree with Sulphur Man and you could use the 1.25 as a bargaining tool, as ultimately the 1.0 will be replacing it.

The 1.0 Ecoboost would provide more spirited performance than the 1.0 and 1.25, but if you spend little time on the motorway, do you really need it?

The 80 BHP in the 1.0 plus reasonable torque figures mean it would perform OK on motorways, just not quite as well as your old 1.4.

I've only driven a 1.25 Zetec and was quite impressed with the performance, so I can't really give you a specific answer on the 1.0.

But I would urge you to go back to the Ford dealer, or another one, and ask for a proper test drive so you can drive the car on your normal routes plus a short stretch of dual carriageway or motorway,

Ford Fiesta 3dr Zetec 1.0 80ps (203 1) - Change of car ? - Singlish

We have recently puchased this model, we chose the 80ps version to save money £500, and perhaps long term maintenance costs-No Turbo.

The car although not being the nippiest on the road, is more than adequate-it sounds that you dont need the power the turbo would give you over 3000rpm.

I believe this model is relatively rare msost are the 100ps turbo model, but all 999cc Fords qualify for NO road tax.

Hopr this helps

Andrew

Hi all

Well thank you for all your replies I pick my new car up tomorrow fingers crossed I did a bit of haggling and got the Fiesta Zetec 1.0T 100PS , reason my son was laughing when I said not much motorway he said you are never off it .I just think of it as local driving and not long distance, my insurance is the same .

Good choice, should prove a good all rounder, although not known to be particularly economical when compared to the very optimistic EU figures.

However, should prove easier on fuel than your old 1.4.

Remember it will need a few thousand miles to loosen up to provide best performance and economy.

Thanks for coming back to tell us your decision. Enjoy!

Ford Fiesta 3dr Zetec 1.0 80ps (203 1) - Change of car ? - dieselnut

I think you will be well impressed by the low down torque of the turbo engine.

I've only been a passenger in one, but it had plenty of shove without having to rev the engine which will help with fuel economy.

Hi well collected the car it had 5 miles on the clock ,last time I had a new new car they had to be run in lol , anyway had mud flaps and mats and boot mat then filled her up did a little run and had fun with the stop start was a bit worried but what can I say ,no rd tax, more miles per gallon, very quite engine , park free in council run car parks , my car insurance is cheaper , the fords service plan is cheaper ,
love it love it .

Hi

Just an update on new car it had 5 miles on the clock sales person put £8.50 petrol in I filled it up another £40.50 so tank was full now 2 weeks on reads 1/2 tank and 102 on the clock not sure how you measure miles to the gallon but it reads s---- to me lol . love the car but a couple of niggles mabe a womans thing they set my ipod and phone to car but could not get the ipod to play on bluetooth so went back they did it again but I got fed up and just use the wire now .

Phone works great on incomming calls but outgoing is a problem when I call say Angela it calls mandy , jane ,anyone but who I want lol

stop start is good

Ford Fiesta 3dr Zetec 1.0 80ps (203 1) - Change of car ? - Happy Blue!

"Phone works great on incomming calls but outgoing is a problem when I call say Angela it calls mandy , jane ,anyone but who I want lol "

Thats odd, the voice activation on my S-Max is very accurate, most especially with calling people. How many names can you store for voice calling? I can only store five.

Happy Blue

My numbers and names that are in my mobile phone say around 50 I can call any of them though the hands free on bluetooth but as I have only called home or tried to all daughter , I was told to try a nick name so have to change name in the phone and hands free will read it , if that makes sence

Hi

Just an update on new car it had 5 miles on the clock sales person put £8.50 petrol in I filled it up another £40.50 so tank was full now 2 weeks on reads 1/2 tank and 102 on the clock not sure how you measure miles to the gallon but it reads s---- to me lol .

A couple of points: You have a new car with a tight engine and going by your mileage, you are probably using it frequently for short journeys? The car barely has a chance for the oil to warm up, so it will be using more fuel than 'normal'

Most petrol guages are not linear, i.e. they may drop faster between full and half than they do between half and empty (or vice versa).

The only way to calculate true consumption is to:

- Fill up, note down mileage or re-set trip meter

- Drive around as normal until the tank needs re-filling

- Brim the tank until the pump cuts out, note mileage and litres added.

Calculate fuel consumption as follows:

(End mileage - Start mileage) / (Litres added divided by 4.546) = MPG.

Once you've done this a few times, you will have an idea of the real MPG you are getting.

Of course, if you're an anorac like me, you can always set up a spreadsheet or use one of the online calculators like Fuely.

Ford Fiesta 3dr Zetec 1.0 80ps (203 1) - Change of car ? - Avant

If you've done only 100 miles in a fortnight, you're not using the car enough. Take it out for a a few long runs just for the pleasure of driving, and enjoy it. The car will loosen up and become more economical.

Ford Fiesta 3dr Zetec 1.0 80ps (2013) - Change of car ? - MikeTorque

I would recommend you turn off the stop/start system every time you drive the car. The engine needs running in for at least a 1000 miles. By allowing the stop/start to do it's thing it won't help the engine smooth out those tiny imperfections that a constantly running engine does. Idle uses very little fuel anyway, the 1.0 engine is tiny and clean.

I have the EcoBoost 1.0 100ps version, it took around 3500 miles to properly run in and before the boomy noise around 1400/1500 rpm disappeared, it's a super car to drive and live with, I prefer it to a Focus anyday.

Good fuel economy is achieved with the 1.0 engine by being in the right gear, too high a gear hinders economy and driveability significantly. The Eco cup display is constantly showing when I drive the car, it's easy to achieve with a good driving technical that uses the right gear, as little braking as possible and timely gearing changing. Fuel economy I'm getting around 58.5 mpg mostly urban driving, longer runs mid/upper 60s mpg no problem.

Ford Fiesta 3dr Zetec 1.0 80ps (2013) - Change of car ? - Dobiesmon

Hi Mike

I did buy this , I did a bit of haggling and got the Fiesta Zetec 1.0T 100PS , reason my son was laughing when I said not much motorway he said you are never off it .I just think of it as local driving and not long distance,

Same as yours I think will give it a good run this week as only done short runs so far .

Edited by Dobiesmon on 02/09/2013 at 12:14