Ford Mondeo Estate - GAP Insurance - whoyouare

Hi,

Can anyone share theyre thoughts on GAP Insurance?

Seems a very good idea, ive had a look at some quotes online, but they seem very cheap for what could be a big payout!

Can anyone recommend any insurers?

thanks

Ford Mondeo Estate - GAP Insurance - TeeCee

but they seem very cheap for what could be a big payout!

It's not just the size of the potential payout that dictates the premium, but also the risk of that payout occurring!

They'd be looking at a total writeoff (rare in itself) and a substantial difference between the insurer's valuation and what's left to pay on it for a sizable sum to change hands.

It'd be interesting to hear the actual figures, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to find that significantly over 90% of those premiums never go anywhere bar their pockets.

Ford Mondeo Estate - GAP Insurance - leaseman

GAP Insurance comes in a variety of guises, and, as usual with any insurance product, you have to know what exactly are you covering.

There are two main types. The first, which I will call Finance Insurance, will ensure that the policyholder is covered for any shortfall between what the insurance company pays out on a Total Loss basis, and the finance outstanding on the car.

The second, which I shall call Back to Invoice Insurance, covers the difference between the payout from insurance and the original invoice value of the car.

I will leave you to work out which is likely to pay out the most and which is, therefore, likely to be good value. But does it aso cover the excess under the main insurance policy?

Now it's getting complicated do you think? It's insurance. What do you expect?